NHL by Adidas 2.0 - VAN, WSH, WPG (30/30!)

timberwolf

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright let's continue with the Bolts and the Leafs!

TAMPA BAY

The Lightnings current Leafs/Red Wings child isn't actually bad, if it didn't copy two Orginial Six teams. Contrary to their direction, I think they need black and silver, or one of them. I added black and silver, as well as their alternate logo. I may swap it out in favour of their current primary.

image.png

TORONTO

First jersey I got in 2014 was the Leafs Winter Classic set. I loved it. I tried to emulate that style, while combining it with their solid stripes of the past. Let me know what you think!

image.png

(I know the TV numbers are 40 and the number is 43, don't remind me)

Vancouver, Winnipeg, Washington remain!

That Lightning logo is superb! The jerseys I like, but I feel like that Rangers-esque/Bruins-like template gets used a lot. 

But really, that logo...especially when you consider that the gray will be silver, is excellent. I think you should try to figure out a way to make a singular logo, one that'll work on both jerseys, and run with it. Idk what exactly that compromise between the two is, but you should play around and see if you can find it. Because if you can, it'd be the best logo that team has had yet.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Last 3 teams!

VANCOUVER

+ kept colours from current set

+ kept triple stripe, although in a different style

- added Native sublimation to give the set a local edge

- added V design on front of uniform

- new font

- stripes are now vertical, something new in the NHL

image.png

WASHINGTON

- new WC inspired striping

- darkened colours

- WC logo takes primary

- new font

- blue is accent colour

image.png

WINNIPEG

+ kept logo

+ kept colours

+ kept double stripe design

- stripe design is now on hems and arms

image.png

And it's over! I hope you had much fun as I did while doing this. Leave C and C!

Guest darkpiranha

I really like Vancouver, but I'm losing the V.  My first thought was that it was something like the ribbon of a medal, with the logo being the medal.  I think you can make the V a bit more prominent and extend farther down so that we see the bottom point of the V a little more clearly.  

Vancouver is wacko. That's really all I can say about that.

Caps are nice, but for some reason or another I like their current shade of red better and I think it would look good in that concept.

Jets are also good, but there's too little navy on the away.

1 hour ago, CanucksBrad said:

Canucks look like ugly Chistmas sweaters. And the colours are off, we are not Navy and Mint. The V does not work behind the whale logo.

The orca doesn't work on a Canucks sweater.  Remove the V design and go with Johnny Canuck.  I love the navy but change the green to more of a kelly green.

Here's a Johnny Canuck concept I've always loved:

66011376_2ba815c457.jpg

Archived