2016 NFL Predictions (post-FA)

MCM0313

What are yours? I made my pre-FA picks earlier and don't feel like going division-by-division right now, so I'll just talk about what interests me.

1. AFC South: The Texans are faster and probably have a slight upgrade at quarterback, albeit a very expensive one. Can they repeat? Will the Colts resume their former dominance of the division? Will the new-look Jaguars defense catch up to the development of the team's offense? Which running backs and wide receivers will the Titans keep?

2. AFC West: Will the Raiders finally break through to the playoffs? Will the Broncos have a post-Super Bowl hangover bad enough to keep them out of the playoffs? How will the Chiefs handle the excess talent at running back? How will their defense fare? Will the Chargers be a doormat again?

3. NFC East: Anybody could win this division. Who will?

4. NFC North: Will the Vikings be able to build on last season's success? Will the Packers' defense build on its improvement? (I see the Packers as the best team in the NFL right now.)

Overall: What has Color Rush wrought? How often will the Rams wear their throwbacks? Can my Bengals finally win a playoff game? Can anyone keep the Patriots out of the Super Bowl this time around? How will the Panthers fare coming off their Super Bowl loss? Will the Rams finally post a winning record? Which non-playoff teams from the 2015 season will make their return to the postseason next January?

3 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Here is my prediction:

Patriots win the Superbowl

That is all.

And as a fellow SE Michigander, I can tell you definitively: 

The Lions will not win the Superbowl.

You think Green Bay is the best team in the NFL? Lol. Outside of Rodgers, the Packers don't really have anybody I'd consider to be the best in their respective positions. That's not say that I think they aren't capable of a Super Bowl run, but that's primarily more because Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL. When you can say that, your team will always have a chance.

I think Carolina is the best team now. Their offense is about to get more explosive and their defense is still formidable. I'd imagine that Super Bowl loss last year is really going to motivate them.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

17 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

You think Green Bay is the best team in the NFL? Lol. Outside of Rodgers, the Packers don't really have anybody I'd consider to be the best in their respective positions. That's not say that I think they aren't capable of a Super Bowl run, but that's primarily more because Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL. When you can say that, your team will always have a chance.

I think Carolina is the best team now. Their offense is about to get more explosive and their defense is still formidable. I'd imagine that Super Bowl loss last year is really going to motivate them.

Possibly. However, history is very much against them. Do you know how many teams have won the Super Bowl the year after losing it? One. The 1972 Miami Dolphins.

Plus, the Packers' defense improved last season. If it builds on those gains this year, it could be one of the NFL's best. (Obviously, no guarantee that it will; the Green Bay D has been notoriously inconsistent under Mike McCarthy.) Last season's offense was stalled by poor line play, an out-of-shape Eddie Lacy, and the lack of Jordy Nelson. The latter two problems have been fixed; we'll see about the first one. For the record, I'm a Bengals fan, so it's not like I'm being a homer here.

The Cardinals also look to have a balanced team, and of course Seattle's always dangerous. The NFC could be a four-team race (let's be honest, the winner of the NFC East won't be in the Super Bowl).

Patriots should win their division again because the Dolphins have yet to prove they know what do to on field to win, the Jets still seem a work in progress, & the Bills' injuries coupled with Rob Ryan on staff seem headed for a gloriously bad record.

I could see the Raiders making the playoffs, going through the Broncos to get there (defeating them twice), yet I'm not sure how much January noise they'll make.

NFC East intrigues me in a car wreck sort of way.  

I'll pick the the Patriots to defeat the Vikings in the SB.  That doesn't mean much since it's only May & I'll probably edit a couple times before week 1.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I predict pats will go 2-2 without Brady and then 10-2 with running through the AFC to the super bowl against the cardinals who get their behind their NFL leading defense and strong offense. The game will ultimately end in a hard fought victory for the pats showing Brady can't be denied.

19 hours ago, NICnoK said:

And as a fellow SE Michigander, I can tell you definitively: 

The Lions will not win the Superbowl.

Doesn't take Nostradamus to figure that one out. I figure they will at best go 7-9. And this is coming from a die hard Lions fan

14 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

Dislike.  

I was being sarcastic in my post, it is something I don't like either. The traffic is already bad in Orlando (not as bad as cracksonville but that's a story for another day) but also having it in Orlando takes away a lot of the quirkiness that made the pro bowl tolerable. Now having it in the continental US just makes me believe it is a step in getting rid of the game all together.

Chiefs will make the SB, unless Denver's rookie QB is ready sooner than we think, and can actually be respectable. Then, I could see Denver repeating. Their D will still be pretty good, and their O will be a lot better.

Archived