No Team Art School

Mikey_Meatballs

So my wife works for a private art school called "The American Academy of Art.:"

They are a very small school that is located in downtown Chicago across from the Art Institute.

They have no athletic programs, a mascot or official colors, but their logo is actually pretty cool.

Because the School's name is 3 words starting with the letter "A" they have one large triangle created by 3 smaller triangles. It is simple, and it grasps the concepts of basic artistry. I like it a lot.

However, me being bored and currently out of my ADD Meds (thank you department of Veteran's Affairs), I came up with some fun concepts for a mascot, colors and logos.

Granted, These were done in POWERPOINT so they are NOT good quality, so be gentle when considering that.

For a team name I thought of the cheesiest thing I could (mainly because the cheese factor bothers artists and my wife's friends that I go out drinking with, so I am constantly messing with them regarding that) I figured a pun on the Argonauts with the ARTgonauts...I'll take your lack of laughter as approval for my cheese factor.  The design for the mascot's shield I had some fun with. I wanted it to have a more Greek/Mediterranean/Ancient feeling similar to that of Aztec art.

I would LOVE to see concepts from any of you, as your talent factor far surpasses mine. Plus, the creativity amongst the members here always seems to mystify me.

artgonaut.jpg

5f6789e7-80cd-4d9b-af90-b70a526ce9c2.jpg

I actually applied at the AAA when I was looking at colleges a few years ago but changed my mind so I could keep my options open to non-art only schools. My favorite comic book artist, Alex Ross, was what really attracted me.

Their Alumni list is pretty impressive.

Alex Ross is one of the big names. The artwork of their alums is impressive.

Quaker Oats Guy

Coca-Cola Santa

Chicago Bulls Logo

All created by their alums.

...Needless to say, my wife's office is SO much nicer than my crappy Army Reserve Center HQ building!

5f6789e7-80cd-4d9b-af90-b70a526ce9c2.jpg

Other than the fact the center looks like a reversed adidas logo, I think your shield is pretty cool. And the mascot looks like he could totally kick anybody else on SouthPark's ass.

Far as the school, tell your wife to point her students toward some kind of business supplement to their art education. Sure would have benefited the Bulls' logo guy...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1993-06-23/sports/9306230212_1_bulls-commercial-design-firm-logo

Archived