Atlanta Braves Logo-ATLANTA SCRIPT 5/23

mcrosby

34 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Looks nice. The little "ATL" would get lost on smaller applications, though. All-in-all, it's better than the original tomahawk A logo.

Thanks! I don't think it would get any more lost than the current logo. It's not a detail meant to be seen from the stands anyhow. 

Atlanta-Braves-Authentic-On-Field-Altern

X5zexyh.png

37 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Looks nice. The little "ATL" would get lost on smaller applications, though. All-in-all, it's better than the original tomahawk A logo.

I don't think the ATL would get lost anymore than the standard lacing that would be there otherwise. It's thicker than the blue outline around the lacing in the actual Braves tomahawk logo.

Mark, I saw this on dribbble too, but thought I'd save the critique for here. I really like this. It's almost perfect. My only nitpick would be that all along the cylinder of the bat, everything follows the same slight curve, as it should, even the T and L, but the A look stiff as if it doesn't follow that same curve, making only that part of the bat appear flat. You could also try rounding the corners of the ATL so it matches the rounded corners of the rest of the lacing. But either way, this is a nice subtle update to a classic that could use it.

EDIT: In seeing the logo on the cap, you might want to make sure the white outline around the knob of the bat and tail of the "A" flow well.

4 minutes ago, jaha32 said:

I don't think the ATL would get lost anymore than the standard lacing that would be there otherwise. It's thicker than the blue outline around the lacing in the actual Braves tomahawk logo.

Mark, I saw this on dribbble too, but thought I'd save the critique for here. I really like this. It's almost perfect. My only nitpick would be that all along the cylinder of the bat, everything follows the same slight curve, as it should, even the T and L, but the A look stiff as if it doesn't follow that same curve, making only that part of the bat appear flat. You could also try rounding the corners of the ATL so it matches the rounded corners of the rest of the lacing. But either way, this is a nice subtle update to a classic that could use it.

EDIT: In seeing the logo on the cap, you might want to make sure the white outline around the knob of the bat and tail of the "A" flow well.

I actually tried addressing the A curves just after posting to Dribbble. You can see my comment on that over there. If you look at the cap example you can see my early attempts at fixing the issue. Again, the cap was a quick mock up and the stroke around the logo was lazily slapped on. 

Beautiful, would love to see this on the field. The tomahawk A is one on my favorite logos and I've always been drawn to buying hats with that logo on it. Really great update, coming from a Braves fan too!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I think it looks great too. My only suggestion would be to try tucking the short side of the bat behind the leg of the A. Would look more interlocked that way. Really god job tho.

56 minutes ago, NICnoK said:

I think it looks great too. My only suggestion would be to try tucking the short side of the bat behind the leg of the A. Would look more interlocked that way. Really god job tho.

I played in Photoshop and tweaked the logo that way, and in a bubble, it actually would look really cool, but that would also be a major deviation from the current logo.

This looks really nice but there is something that doesn't work for me. The string holding the stone looks like an N or an A so at first glance i thought it read ATLN. Maybe play with proximity/treatment etc., its handled exactly like the letters so you want to keep on reading.

Also you filled in some of the letters but not the a in braves and maybe even the b.

Archived