I Need Help With a High School Football Helmet Logo

SmackNCheese

Okay, so my high school, Bellevue East (Go Chieftains) is entering it's second year of football under our latest head coach. He is in his mid 30's and is all about what's new and trendy in football. For example, our jerseys have 2014 Oregon Ducks wings on the shoulders (in purple and silver) on a BFBS base. The number font is strange and angular and the pants (BFBS as well) have the word BEAST written down the side. This season, our helmets are getting a change up, and I (going into my senior season) don't want them to look as overloaded as they did last year (matte black shell, chrome FSU Spears on the sides, purple facemask, chrome American flag on back).

Currently, Coach plans on putting a logo on one side and a number on the other (did I say he was into all the trends?) with a sparkly metallic silver facemask. The shell remains matte black, and the facemasks have already been ordered, but I want to know what you guys think of the logo he's planning on using and if my proposed fix of it is any good (hopefully so I can ask him to use it.)

Here's the logo he is currently planning on using (I can't ask anyone else on the team what they think because Coach wants to keep it hush hush)

SLg892a.jpg

Here's the logo I want to replace it with. I kept the same angle and slightly increased the bevel, but added in a little cut-in under the serif to replace whatever the hell is on top of the original "B". What do you guys think? (Bonus number font for other side of helmet)

aqzkZBj.png

kBVeXgo.png

Your input and suggestions are appreciated.

Will there a white outline between the purple outline and black matte helmet?

You've thickened up the purple line which is a step in the right direction. I still find the stacked letters to be way too tall. If the E were raised so that the top horizontal bar of the E lines up with the middles horizontal bar on the B, it'd give the whole logo better balance.

16 hours ago, jaha32 said:

Will there a white outline between the purple outline and black matte helmet?

You've thickened up the purple line which is a step in the right direction. I still find the stacked letters to be way too tall. If the E were raised so that the top horizontal bar of the E lines up with the middles horizontal bar on the B, it'd give the whole logo better balance.

Alright I'll try it out.

The logo is WAY trendy and WAY hard to read.  It'll be dated be the time it hits the field, IMO.  It's been too italicized for my liking.  The #16 looks like it belongs on the side of a NASCAR.

Also, Go Mustangs!

Sincerely, a Millard North alumni.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I skewed it back a bit so the pitch isn't so extreme.  The edges are rough since I did this in about 30 seconds, but it's still modern yet much more readable.  Just a thought.

N03RcuB.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I skewed it back a bit so the pitch isn't so extreme.  The edges are rough since I did this in about 30 seconds, but it's still modern yet much more readable.  Just a thought.

Yeah it looks way nicer. I think I'll go with that and move the E up further to make the logo not so tall. Thanks!

P.S. Screw your tape helmets.

Archived