Inaugural Baltimore Ravens Uniform Discourse

1937redskins

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Forgetting the bizarre links made between the Ravens uniform and other looks, I don't think it's a bad thread...more of a bad thread title. A better title could be "Inaugural Ravens Uniform."  1.I don't know that we want a "Random Thoughts" thread by every member here.  

Regarding the uniforms, I cannot stand them.  They suffered then from what they suffer from now: black and purple don't have  enough contrast.  Since 1996, the uniforms have improved somewhat.  The black pants with thick white stripe are awful.  I actually think the bird head helmet logo works; at least it would without shoehorning two differently-shaped "Bs" into the respective directions.  The shield looks like a decent sleeve logo...I am not fond of it on the helmet.

Regarding the comparisons, what? It is such a reach to suggest that these look like Nazi uniforms that a cynical person might suggest the poster was just looking for an excuse to post a photo of a Nazi.  Oh wait, does the bird on that sleeve logo have a tiny mustache?  No; my monitor is playing tricks on me.  It's a reach.

"How did he draw the parallels between the Ravens, Nazis, bikers, and goth-rockers?" is a far more interesting question than 2. "why does he use a Rams helmet when his name is 'Redskins?'"

(How am I the first person to say this?) 1937 Redskins is a Poster to Watch.

1-thats right, I've finally made one for everyone.

2- no other reason needed except- because I can.

I own a 1937 replica Redskins jersey from Ebbets Field flannels

this picture is on my desktop

7756193_nfl-in-nyc-pro-footballs-history

I'm a Rams fan and the Rams have the oldest or supposed first ever helmet logo that has never changed.

.....because I can. Thanks for asking!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while googling the old Redskins, I stumbled onto this picture.

I bring it up because most everything ive seen of the 1930s redskins is their dark jersey in real like picks and artist renderings.

this is actually the first I've noticed of their white jersey with the indian on the shoulder.

I want one of my own!

sammy-baugh-of-the-washington-redskins-c

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

"Helmet logo that has never changed"?  Look at your avatar again. :P

in regards to your signature link

I sort of wish I could have seen this uniform live,in person.

1952_Oct26_PackersLions_1.jpg

I dont like every/all the crap the college uniforms are doing but I like the history of the odd!

thanks to the internet I know the Packers actually looked like this !

is that a green stripe on the side of the gold pants or not?

3 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

If Mel Brooks did this you would laugh. I'm doing the same thing. It's called being creative! 

I served with Mel Brooks. I knew Mel Brooks. Mel Brooks was a friend of mine. Sir, you're no Mel Brooks.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

6 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

1-thats right, I've finally made one for everyone.

2- no other reason needed except- because I can.

I own a 1937 replica Redskins jersey from Ebbets Field flannels

this picture is on my desktop

7756193_nfl-in-nyc-pro-footballs-history

I'm a Rams fan and the Rams have the oldest or supposed first ever helmet logo that has never changed.

.....because I can. Thanks for asking!

Your whole idea, where you can just talk about sports logos and uniforms, is the whole point of the boards... 

(We just have it organized into proper topics and threads... ;))

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

We have an "unpopular opinions" thread.. I'm not opposed to a "random thoughts/opinions" thread.. But I do think Goth has a point when you talk about a team's "unchanged" helmet logo that's changed colors at least 3 times...

On another note, I do like that old skins jersey.. Good find

3 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

So perry, do tell us what you think of the ravens current duds!

I'm not a fan of black or any color no stripes pants in the pro's.

College I accept that.

The Ravens original logo's were more intimidating.

the Current one they obviously were going just a little cartoony in the spirit of the Orioles  old logo

317.gifjohn-adsit-orioles-logo1.png

the Raven is a little more serious but not like before with the Batman type logo

Baltimore_Ravens_Logo1.gif

do multiple teams in any State  put the State flag on uni's like these 2 do?

the leagues abused black for most teams the last 10 years but the Ravens are the only team where it makes perfect gothic,intimidating sense.

The origin of the team name.The winter/cloudy  north east locale.

an interesting thing is they made sure the entire division is black along with Browns dark brown.

Baltimore: Geography and Climate

Located on the Mid-Atlantic coast, Baltimore was built at the mouth of the Patapsco River, which empties directly into the Chesapeake Bay. The city is protected from harsh weather variations year-round by the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Appalachian Mountains due west. Freezing temperatures generally do not occur after mid-April or before the end of October, allowing the area approximately 194 frost-free days. Precipitation, averaging 41 inches annually, tends to be equally distributed throughout the year, but the greatest amounts accrue during summer and early fall—the thunderstorm and hurricane seasons, respectively. Since snow is often mixed with rain and sleet due to Baltimore's relatively mild winter temperatures, freezing rain is considered a greater hazard to motorists and pedestrians than the infrequent snowfall that remains on the ground more than several days.

Area: 80.8 square miles (2000)

Elevation: 148 feet above sea level

Average Temperatures: January, 31.8° F; July, 77° F; annual average, 55.1° F

Average Annual Precipitation: 41.94 inches (22.7 inches of snow)

lol I'm generalizing you obsessive control freak that takes things way too literal.

and I'm from southern California.

does it get dark and gloomy there as opposed to the west coast? why yes,yes it does.

18 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Baltimore: Geography and Climate

On May 24, 2016 at 3:23 PM, 1937redskins said:

Lol well at least a couple people aren't indoctrinated with a reflex PC virus.

Thanks!

In my  opinion a blog I'd an obligation to writs a beginning,middle and end about something. This is intended for free form commenting whether  two words or more and visuals.

Someone already commented they don't know of such a thread. This eliminates being ridiculed for making a thread for every individual thought I might have and there's no other place for it.

And lol at anyone dwelling on the nazi joke /comment/comparison.

It's called a joke,an extreme example. 

I'm describing the black in the uniform and the ornate logo  and the white stripe on black pants as a dark,scarry military uniform.

You are so pc indoctrinated,you've been taught to dwell on the most trivial,harmless points in anything.

Thanks Onwis for actually saying something about the uniform!

I actually described the uniform like describing a song. I talked about its elements and gave it a flavor. As opposed to just saying I liked how the stripe goes down the pants. It means I'm a good writer because I got a reaction!

If Mel Brooks did this you would laugh. I'm doing the same thing. It's called being creative! 

(As I type this,I realize you could just be trolling to get a reaction from me as well but I really  don't know)

You're all uniform freaks,right? Surely there's something you've just wanted to spontaneously share. Do it here without fear of needing  a full thread to do it!

image.png

Archived