Sacramento Kings Rebrand

JESSEDIEBOLT

The middle of the logo is way too complicated, the "KINGS" wordmark looks weird being cut off like it is, and I'm not sold on the use of the chevrons(?) throughout the brand. I feel like you're on to something but what you have now just needs a little simplification. I do like the "Attack, Protect, Reign" on the court, could we see a larger version of that? 

I think you're heading in a good direction, but it just needs to be simplified. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I would have to agree with both @bkknight95 and @ahowe6464 on the fact that I am not understanding what is going on in the middle of the logo. I understand where you are going with that, but gold just doesn't feel right with their team and it is just a lot of mess going on. Also, the pattern behind the jerseys and on the court is just way too eye-popping to be appealing. Try fixing some things up in that general area and you should be good to go. Great effort!

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

I agree as well with the SK logo. I see that you're trying to do an interlocking combo, but I don't see a successful execution. And I also agree that the Kings look better with a silver accent rather than gold accent (even though I totally understand why you would try gold).

Same problems here. I've spotted an "S" for Sacramento in the monogram logo, but the rest is actually 100% unidentifiable. I've been searching for the "K", but I haven't found it yet. I need to "understand" a logo within the first ten seconds max, but this just hasn't happened here.

Quite frankly, I've been looking at the monogram mark several times for a few minutes, but I have no clue what I've been looking at. I'm also not a fan of the "KINGS" word mark, but the main issue are the interlocking initials which just don't make sense the way they're arranged now.

Nevertheless, there is great potential to transform this into a very good concept.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Guest darkpiranha

Similarly to everyone else, I mostly like what I see, I just don't understand what I'm seeing.   If I really really try, I THINK I can see all the letters of KINGS are supposed to be represented in the interlocking shapes.  The K is (I think) supposed to be the middle line that goes from top to bottom, with the central fork supposed to represent the right hand angles of the K.  The G is in the shape that goes all around the K fork, but also incorporates the left edge of the K.  The N is supposed to be the top half of the central line (the left edge of the K and G) with the top right line dipped line being a very slight representation of the right hand angles of the N.   It's clever, but too clever.  If the interlocking shapes clearly formed something on their own that was instantly recognizable, then finding all the letters of KINGS in there after the fact would be brilliant.  But as it is, I don't understand what I'm supposed to see, and then having to mostly fruitlessly try to decipher it only leads to a frustrating logo experience.  

I love the overall look, and all the packaging and branding is great.  Purple and gold are Lakers colors, but these are different enough to where I don't get any sort of conflict with them.  

Archived