Seattle Totems 2019 (Away Jersey Added)

Seattle1917

Hi guys! So I have been sitting on this idea for a long time, and I finally got around to finishing it. This is my first hockey concept, so please bare with me!

First the name: I thought the Totems would be the perfect name for a Seattle NHL franchise. It was the name of a team before in the 1950's and 60's, and they were very popular. I felt like it better represented the city than the Metropolitans. Yes they were the first American team to win the Cup, but that was almost 100 years ago. The Totems were more recent, to an extent. But I didn't leave the Metros out. I took their classic and very popular color scheme and applied it here. I also modernized their iconic logo- it would be a no brainer for any future NHL franchise here to use it. 

Home Jersey: I saw this sash design when doing research for ideas. I thought this would be an instant classic, and the totem pole logo at the the top made it unique for the team. The shoulder patch logo is the modernized Metros logo. I will be posting the away and third jersey soon. C&C is appreciated!

Seattle Totems Home Sweater.png

DQdYUuA.png

I like it. 2 things though: One, I like the number font, but they should be a bit thicker. Two, Could we see a bigger image of the shoulder patch? Great work so far, I'm excited for the other two jerseys.

This looks good, but it feels like a fauxback/alternate, with the thinner stripes and lettering. Also the slightly gimmicky feel of the T. 

The Rangers are a good example of this look being executed in a way that feels timeless, as opposed to outdated. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I do like the S-patch for the shoulder, but maybe (as others have posted) thicken the font to update it. And for the primary logo I would take the Totem on its own and widen it to better reflect the dimensions of modern jerseys. 

I would relocate both the color scheme and the sash of the primary to a third jersey as a throwback. A modern NHL team needs more than just the aging fans of the old Totems. And certainly not many Seattlites (sp?) care much for the Metropolitans that their great-grandfathers may have cheered for.

Maybe tweak the colours to a bluer shade of green to get more of an Emerald City feel. A slightly darker Dallas Stars.

I know what you're trying to accomplish with using the Totem pole as the "T" in the team name but it doesn't work as a logo for a jersey. I could see you using it as a split brand like the Atlanta Thrashers did with having two logos. Home jersey says Totems across the chest with all traditional letters and the road jersey being a large totem pole logo.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Okay so here is an update based on your suggestions, and I actually prefer the jersey logo like this. I am going to keep the color scheme for the reasons mentioned my intro: to blend the two major eras of hockey in Seattle. I also changed the striping to fit an update. I will post the away sweater tomorrow, and also added updates to the shoulder patch logos. 

Seattle Totems Home Sweater.png

Seattle Totems alt. Logo.png

DQdYUuA.png

I love the logo, but it feels a bit plain and unexciting, but I would say that this is a solid step in the right direction!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

So here is the away sweater. I realize it looks very similar to the Minnesota Wild, and I am now considering adding blue or another accent color into the mix to make it more unique. Thoughts on the jersey and/or colors? C&C appreciated!

Seattle Totems Away Sweater.png

DQdYUuA.png

7 hours ago, Totems!! said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I've seen plenty of green and red Totem concepts or green and yellow but never green and blue...give it a whirl.

http://imgur.com/a/fBMg4

This was the first concept I ever made and it's pretty bad, but it is a blue and green Seattle Totems concept. I eventually went with green and grey. But I can say that this concept is far better than mine, and I like the unique colour scheme. Unique for the NHL at least. And sorry if you didn't want other people's concepts on your thread. I just wanted to make a point that there are blue and green Totems concepts out there. 

14 hours ago, Seattle1917 said:

So here is the away sweater. I realize it looks very similar to the Minnesota Wild, and I am now considering adding blue or another accent color into the mix to make it more unique. Thoughts on the jersey and/or colors? C&C appreciated!

Seattle Totems Away Sweater.png

I like the jersey, I just feel like that logo isn't really identifiable at a distance.

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I like the jersey, I just feel like that logo isn't really identifiable at a distance.

I can't do much about the logo: I am terrible at making them in Inkscape, and this is the original that the Totems used, so I will use it. I can fix the outline to make it less cluttered, but right now I am looking for input on a color scheme. 

DQdYUuA.png

4 hours ago, TrueNorth13 said:

http://imgur.com/a/fBMg4

This was the first concept I ever made and it's pretty bad, but it is a blue and green Seattle Totems concept. I eventually went with green and grey. But I can say that this concept is far better than mine, and I like the unique colour scheme. Unique for the NHL at least. And sorry if you didn't want other people's concepts on your thread. I just wanted to make a point that there are blue and green Totems concepts out there. 

Yes I guess I did see your concept and it's not bad. I was referring more to a blue green concept with one of their original logos. Thanks for posting yours again though to refresh the old memory.

Archived