NHL Double Series (final updates)

StevenGrant94

23 hours ago, B-mer said:

Could you try something for the Predators ideal set for a comparison?  Something to mimic the original set more. Put the thinner stripe on the top of the thick one in the arms, and then keep the same pattern from home to road, so it’s like an extended gold yoke with the thin white and then thick blue. Adjust hem strips if needed. 

For whatever reason that consistency in their original jerseys was really cool to me when I was younger. 

Sure!

spacer.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Ideal Dallas Stars:

spacer.png

I like the Stars current jerseys but I think they'd benefit from some changes.  I made the equipment green, used their Texas-shaped logo on the shoulders, added an outline to the numbers, changed the collars, tweaked the shape of the yoke, and raised the home jersey's hem stripe.

New Look Dallas Stars:

spacer.png

The equipment is also green for this next concept, but that's because I ditched black all together.  I used a simple/minimalist striping pattern, promoted their Texas-shaped logo to the primary logo, and brought back the "DALLAS" script on the pants.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

The number outline and shoulder patch choice on the ideal set is a massive improvement.  While I like their current set, I think they could have done a better job at incorporating their history.  This nails it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 11:11 AM, Grant94 said:

New Look Nashville Predators:

spacer.png

My idea with this concept was to place the sleeve numbers in a guitar pick shape, and place those over top of the stripes.

I love the template, this with a Dixie Flyers-style script instead of the logo could make a great looking WC concept.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

My Ideal Winnipeg Jets:

spacer.png

I'm still not entirely sure what my ideal look for the Jets would be, but I like the idea of them embracing aviator blue, so I went in that direction here.  The striping pattern is based off of their current arm stripes, and the number font is a straightened version of their current font.

I actually made a very similar concept back in 2012.

New Look Winnipeg Jets:

spacer.png

Another old Jets concept of mine used a chevron pattern on the sleeve, and I burrowed that idea for this "New Look" concept.  The names and numbers are in a stencil font, the shade of red is brighter, and I removed the shading from the maple leaf in the logos.

4 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

For the Jets, try using White for the numbers and the surname on the home jersey.

Here's how it looks with white name and numbers...

spacer.png

On 8/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I love the template, this with a Dixie Flyers-style script instead of the logo could make a great looking WC concept.

Thanks!  I know it's more than seven months later now, but here it is turned into a Winter Classic concept...

spacer.png

My Ideal Vegas Golden Knights:

spacer.png

As you can see, I barely made any changes for my "Ideal" Golden Knights concept.  I think their current jerseys are pretty much perfect, so all I really did was experiment with steel gray pants for the road jersey.

New Look Vegas Golden Knights:

spacer.png

Here I placed the hidden V from their logo on to the sleeve, and continued that line up to create an extended shoulder yoke.  Also I used gold numbers, and went with a steel gray pair of gloves for the white jersey.

Bonus concept unrelated to this series (I didn't want to start a new thread).

Seattle Kraken:

spacer.png

There's nothing too crazy here, I just wanted to see how their "Ice Blue" colour would work for a third jersey (because I'm sure Seattle will have a jersey this colour at some point in the future).

On 7/31/2020 at 3:20 PM, StevenGrant94 said:

Bonus concept unrelated to this series (I didn't want to start a new thread).

Seattle Kraken:

spacer.png

There's nothing too crazy here, I just wanted to see how their "Ice Blue" colour would work for a third jersey (because I'm sure Seattle will have a jersey this colour at some point in the future).

I like it, the sleeves really give that gradual abyssal depth feel.

Solar Radiation & Photosynthetically Active Radiation ...

Maybe add a smaller recreation of the pattern on the hem? Not as thick as on the sleeves of course, but I think it would look great descending onto navy blue pants.

• StevenGrant94 changed the title to NHL Double Series (Islanders added)

It's been more than a year since the last set of concepts for this series, but I'm finally back!

My Ideal New York Islanders

spacer.png

These jerseys are a return to the Islanders set they wore while winning four Stanley Cups.  The road jersey is identical to their current design except for the collar, but the home jersey uses a different striping pattern that I've always preferred.

New Look New York Islanders

spacer.png

The four stripe motif is overused when making Islanders concepts, but I decided to embrace it anyway.  I placed the four stripes front and center on a chest-stripe, while the actual logo is relegated to the shoulders (similar in concept to the Canucks' flying-V jerseys).  I also added four stripes to each of the numbers on the back.

Oh man, that four stripe concept is sick as hell. Super original idea, and it works really well. Only thing I'd change is that I'd put stripes on the arms and remove the stripes from the numbers. Other than that, it's one of the better Isles concepts I've seen in quite some time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 5:51 PM, DTConcepts said:

Oh man, that four stripe concept is sick as hell. Super original idea, and it works really well. Only thing I'd change is that I'd put stripes on the arms and remove the stripes from the numbers. Other than that, it's one of the better Isles concepts I've seen in quite some time.

Thanks!  I meant to get around to this sooner, but here's what it looks like with arm stripes added and the number stripes removed.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Cool idea for NYI.  I like the addition of the main stripes to the arms, but I would keep the four-stripe part to just the chest.  Maybe just removing them, or maybe you can put the NY logo in their place as well?  just a thought.

With that too i think the sock stripes being the single color stripe to match the arms/chest would make the uniform come together as a whole.

On 8/3/2021 at 6:24 AM, B-mer said:

Cool idea for NYI.  I like the addition of the main stripes to the arms, but I would keep the four-stripe part to just the chest.  Maybe just removing them, or maybe you can put the NY logo in their place as well?  just a thought.

With that too i think the sock stripes being the single color stripe to match the arms/chest would make the uniform come together as a whole.

Thanks! I've made those changes, here's how it looks...

spacer.png

I know one thing, the assymetrical Pens set is damn good.

The new look Isles kinda reminds me of the last time I made an NYI concept, but only in that I'd used the four stripes as part of the sleeve and hem striping, and that I'd had a jersey that just used the stripes by themselves, no similarity otherwise.  Your first update is sort of like where I'd started: the four stripes were on both the torso and sleeves, and it was overkill.  With an element like that, it's often better to choose hem/torso or sleeves, not both.  You kept the torso stripes, I'd kept the sleeve stripes (the hem stripes I replaced them with being rather basic, but better received)...and I figure if my effort had resembled yours, I'm not sure I'd have done anything differently.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived