NHL Double Series (final updates)

StevenGrant94

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Ideal St. Louis Blues:

StLouis-ISet.png

I really like the Blues current jerseys (minus the white numbers), which is reflected by my "ideal" set.  The biggest change is removing the gap in the arm and hem stripes, any other changes are pretty minor.

New Look St. Louis Blues:
StLouis-NSet3.png

My goal here was to give the Blues a fresh look, while using their original royal blue and yellow colour scheme.  For the logos, I curved the top of the blue-note and used their roundel as a shoulder patch.  I wanted to keep the striping pattern simple and clean, and I tried numbers on the pants just to experiment a bit.

Also, sorry it's been so long since the last concept.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Bonus concept (completely unrelated to this series, I just didn't want to start a new thread).

2019 NHL Winter Classic:

2019NHLWC-Set.png

The Blackhawks jersey is meant to be a combination of their original black-and white jerseys and their barber-pole jerseys.  The Bruins jersey is (for the most part) based off of their 1939-48 white jersey.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I blues concepts are both really nice. Interesting idea with the numbers on the pants. Not sure how I feel about that but overall nice. 

Your home ideal is nearly perfect though. One of the best jerseys there'd be. 

Glad to see this series back, it's an interesting idea and has been executed perfectly. The ideal Blues set is basically my perfect set as well. The gap being gone gives the set a cleaner feel. The new look reminds me of their 80s-early 90s set, which I'm a big fan of. The tweaked logo is nice as well. 

The winter classic set is all-around great. No complaints from me there.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

On 8/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Grant94 said:

My Ideal St. Louis Blues:

StLouis-ISet.png

I really like the Blues current jerseys (minus the white numbers), which is reflected by my "ideal" set.  The biggest change is removing the gap in the arm and hem stripes, any other changes are pretty minor.

New Look St. Louis Blues:
StLouis-NSet3.png

My goal here was to give the Blues a fresh look, while using their original royal blue and yellow colour scheme.  For the logos, I curved the top of the blue-note and used their roundel as a shoulder patch.  I wanted to keep the striping pattern simple and clean, and I tried numbers on the pants just to experiment a bit.

Also, sorry it's been so long since the last concept.

:censored:ing phenomenal @Grant94

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

My Ideal San Jose Sharks:

SanJose-ISet.png

These are based off of the Sharks current jerseys, but with hem stripes added and their fin logo as a shoulder patch.  The striping of the road jersey was altered to use more teal.

New Look San Jose Sharks:

SanJose-NSet.png

And here's a concept which uses teal for the pants, gloves, and (home) helmets.  I chose their newest full-body shark as the primary logo, with the matching partial shark as the secondary logo.  The striping pattern consists of standard sleeve and hem stripes.

My Ideal Carolina Hurricanes:

Carolina-ISet.png

The hurricane flag pattern comes from Carolina's 1997-2013 jerseys, the number font and extended road yoke come from their current set, while the sleeve striping pattern is new.  I also removed the silver outline from their logo.

New Look Carolina Hurricanes:

Carolina-NSet.png

I had an idea to try hurricane flags on the upper-sleeves, which worked best using black as the home jersey colour.  There's also stripes on the cuffs and hem, a block font for the name and numbers, and once again I ditched the silver from their primary logo.

My Ideal Florida Panthers:

Florida-ISet.png

I didn't change much about the Panthers current jerseys, the biggest difference being the blue added to the stripes.  The other tweaks are minor, for example the primary logo now says "Florida" on both jerseys.

New Look Florida Panthers:

Florida-NSet.png

Next up I wanted to try a concept with the underside of the sleeves being a contrasting colour.  The leaping panther becomes the primary logo, and I sublimated the Florida state flag (from the Panthers alternate logo) on the sleeves.

Nice job on the New Look Panthers.  Would love to see that in real life to get a good feel of how the sleeves translate.  Only change i would make is keep their number font the same, and return to the gold strokes on the home.  Leaping logo is definitely the way to go though.  

another smaller detail i thought of is on the gloves.  If you did something like the Hurricane's gloves where the outer sides of the index and pinky fingers are accented, in this case doing a navy glove with gold accents, it would be a small nod to the claws they had originally planned on using when the team was formed.  

My Ideal Pittsburgh Penguins:

spacer.png

Besides the collars, there are no other changes here compared to the Penguins' current set.

New Look Pittsburgh Penguins:

spacer.png

I wanted to try a concept with the penguin separated from the golden triangle.  The triangle is now on the side of the jersey, which resulted in an asymmetric design with an off-centered logo.  I also changed the gloves in the logo to grey.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:32 AM, B-mer said:

Nice job on the New Look Panthers.  Would love to see that in real life to get a good feel of how the sleeves translate.  Only change i would make is keep their number font the same, and return to the gold strokes on the home.  Leaping logo is definitely the way to go though.   

Thanks.  I forgot to post this earlier, but here's what that concept looks like with their current numbers.

spacer.png

My Ideal New Jersey Devils:

spacer.png

These are just the Devils 1992-2017 jerseys transitioned to Adidas, without any unnecessary changes.

New Look New Jersey Devils:

spacer.png

Now we go from a timeless look to a more trendy design.  I brightened the shade of red, and eliminated white altogether from the home jersey.  The white jersey has no black, and gets its own set of pants and gloves.

My Ideal Nashville Predators:

spacer.png

The Predators made a great decision back in 2011 when they updated their logos and switched to yellow as their primary colour.  However, I also loved how unique the striping pattern of their original jerseys were, so I tried to bring a bit of that back with this concept (I made a similar concept back in 2013).

New Look Nashville Predators:

spacer.png

My idea with this concept was to place the sleeve numbers in a guitar pick shape, and place those over top of the stripes.

Could you try something for the Predators ideal set for a comparison?  Something to mimic the original set more. Put the thinner stripe on the top of the thick one in the arms, and then keep the same pattern from home to road, so it’s like an extended gold yoke with the thin white and then thick blue. Adjust hem strips if needed. 

For whatever reason that consistency in their original jerseys was really cool to me when I was younger. 

Archived