China Arena Football League (CAFL)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, lopernv said:

Okay, great, but there are other manufacturers in China who are legit and make great products.

It's that you, and others in here, are labelling the country as a whole as thiefs and hacks, as if manufacturing in China is solely one entity while in reality it is a multitude of companies operating independently.

It's like referring to India as a nation of tech support call centres, or Portugal as a nation of bricklayers and concrete pourers. It is insulting. I don't think you need to be a rocket surgeon to see that.

I recognize there is a problem, but I'm not about to lambaste an entire nation.

so, you are saying America is full of rocket surgeons ?

56 minutes ago, lopernv said:

Okay, great, but there are other manufacturers in China who are legit and make great products.

It's that you, and others in here, are labelling the country as a whole as thiefs and hacks, as if manufacturing in China is solely one entity while in reality it is a multitude of companies operating independently.

It's like referring to India as a nation of tech support call centres, or Portugal as a nation of bricklayers and concrete pourers. It is insulting. I don't think you need to be a rocket surgeon to see that.

I recognize there is a problem, but I'm not about to lambaste an entire nation.

I'm not saying there aren't companies that are good in China, but there are a multitude, probably over half, that will take your design and sell it as their own. My management and international business professors in college both had experiences in which they did business with a company in China only for hat company to begin selling the exact same product but as their own, and there was nothing they could do about it because they were in China where there were no ip laws. It's just the way business is done there by a majority.

8 minutes ago, lopernv said:

I'm sorry, I was unaware you had a PhD in Comedic Writing. I should have known from your stellar syntax.

Carry on, then.

I didnt know I was doing a college paper or business report for your approval.

these are free flow, low stress comments for me. I dont care how you grade them.

xenophobia- intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

that has not taken place here yet

12 minutes ago, 1937redskins said:

I didnt know I was doing a college paper or business report for your approval.

these are free flow, low stress comments for me. I dont care how you grade them.

that has not taken place here yet

Please stop cheering for the Rams.  It's bad enough I have to be associated with Cardinals fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Please stop cheering for the Rams.  It's bad enough I have to be associated with Cardinals fans.

lol I'm not the one running around being offended by everything.

Not sure what your problem would be with my common sense comment either?

I was probably a Rams fan before you,so I have seniority lol

not that either of us being fans does anything for the teams success or failure in the first place.

the problem with most countries doing other sports is all uniforms end up looking like soccer kits anyway.

at least except for Chinese baseball uniforms

I don't think that you can trademark or copyright a surname. So the CAFL should have every right to use the name Skywalker without issue. Then again, I don't know how common a name Skywalker really is. But if it really was an issue, they wouldn't have gotten this far with the name.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2016 at 10:41 PM, Eric Westhaver said:

They had a proposed team with one of the best names I've ever seen: the Wuhan Nine Headed Birds.

Sadly, their logo was... well, this.

B-NmL8ICMAEk4Eq.jpg

Sorry you had to see that.

This is actually a newly formed Collage football team in China.  They, with 5 other teams, played a round robin tournament (CAFL China Collegiate Championship) in 2014 to promote the sport before the leaguie started up.  Here are the other logos from the teams:

hebei

shandong

shenyang

xian

tianjin

The Shandong Flames won the tournament.CAFL-College-Championships.jpeg

• 2 months later...

No one is really covering this league. They are already two games into the season, yet no updates about helmets, uniforms, or anything really. Not even on this site or Uni-Watch. I'm having a hard time trying to find good pics of the uniforms and helmets, but it is rather difficult. Here is one shot of the Guangzhou Power. Pretty simple, and I like it.

14441152_1253053401424348_1142957571396110919_n.jpg

And here is a shot of the Beijing Lions. Wish their logo was a bit bigger.

14595785_10154414108241352_2222911735089710880_n.jpg

Since the Arena League here is in bad straights I'm not surprised to see very little coverage here in the States. AFL may only have 5 to 6 teams playing next year. That's pretty sad considering they were supposedly strong in the early 200's with that NBC deal. They should have gone back to Ironman football, that was one of their best selling points that also kept costs down.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2016-05-27 at 5:40 PM, lopernv said:

Could we please quit it with the xenophobic comments in this thread before it gets out of control? "...do business with China...", I didn't know I was at a Trump convention.

"It's pronounced GINA"

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since the Arena League here is in bad straights I'm not surprised to see very little coverage here in the States. AFL may only have 5 to 6 teams playing next year. That's pretty sad considering they were supposedly strong in the early 200's with that NBC deal. They should have gone back to Ironman football, that was one of their best selling points that also kept costs down.

Yeah what is going on with the AFL anyway? Teams are dropping out to be in the IFL?

I want to see more coverage for the AFL, we need football in the off season, even if it is indoor. Although, I must point out that if it wasn't for Donald Trump, we would still have the USFL.

Shanghai Skywalkers uniform. This is really the ONLY photo I can find. The English site has nothing in terms of pictures or videos. You can only find media on the Chinese language site. And even then, I've seen semi-pro teams with more pictures than the CAFL sites.

At least when the UFL was a thing, they made an effort to show off the uniforms and get people excited. Why can't we find decent photos of these teams?

1476096475767026.jpg

Archived