NHL Defunct Redux - Rockies and QC Bulldogs!

timberwolf

We continue!

CLEVELAND BARONS

I wanted a regal, rich look for the team dubbed "the Barons". The simple red and black didn't do it for me. So I changed the black to a dark navy (hardly a difference) and added a light blue. Combined with red, I thought it blended nicely! The striping is inspired by my CLH Djurgarden concept. Hope you enjoy!

image.png

I have Kansas ready, I'll just get a couple more comments first!

Still up we have Atlanta and the Rockies. Quebec Bulldogs are also in the works.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want more? Why not.

KANSAS CITY SCOUTS

I loved their colour scheme but it needed to be more native so I kept the red but slightly darkened the blue and changed the yellow to old gold, similar to the Panthers. I kept the striping on their inagural white uniforms but I didn't want the white and gold to clash so I flipped the colours around. Let me know!

image.png

Atlanta and Colorado are up next, followed by the Bulldogs.

That KC set looks fantastic. Nothing wrong with the Barons set, but the colors scream "Thrashers" to me.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Onward!

ATLANTA FLAMES

The only design they've ever used is the simple triple stripe. I had to come up with something entirely new. The striping is the exact same on both uniforms. I also darkened the red and the gold to stray away from the Flames. Their classic logo returns, of course.

image.png

Let me know if it's too busy!

Colorado is on deck, and the Bulldogs are coming as well. More requests!

I do like what you did with the logo, but the jerseys are a little bit busy. The shade of red is good. Maybe try stripes like Minnesota's here. Red and yellow on the white jersey, and then white and yellow on the red. You could even do a really thin stroke of red on the yellow stripes to keep them from bleeding into the white. 6upuk022413jpg.jpg

And the finish line is near! I have no more requested teams to do, so please leave some info. Here's two more...

COLORADO ROCKIES

A team with the most unique and flamboyant colour scheme of all the defunct teams (except Oakland), I wanted to take inspiration from the state flag, as well as the previous team. Let me know what you think!

image.png

QUEBEC BULLDOGS

This is a concept that I might want to go further with, but I'm not sure how. I wanted to distance myself from the Nordiques and add some gold. The logo is that of the Capitales of the Can Am baseball league. The chest stripe is from their only uniforms, with a modern twist. Let me know!

image.png

C and C and requests please!

Quebec looks great. I'd relocate the fleur de lis to the shoulders, maybe have both be gold to match the logo. Really classy though. 

Edit: better idea!  Copy the panthers new arm logos with the Quebec flag (in the blue you used) with a bulldog above. That could be cool. Have that on the shoulders and the fleur can stay where they are or maybe something else can be done with them. 

Rockies: The actual jerseys are great. My problem is with the logo. As a Coloradoan, the 'C' should come directly from the flag. Red, with a white outline (Maybe), and the yellow in the center. Otherwise, it comes off just looking weird.

Bulldogs: Great idea, but the Fleur-de-lis just seem off.

Archived