I'm not a fan of the current pants, but I love how your concepts illustrate just how much the look could be bettered with a return to the high socks look.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to over shadow the Reds, but I also wanted to throw a few updates out there from past designs.

Here is the Diamondbacks home where I arched the word which allowed me to alter the hight.  I find this much more legible and a greater pop.

DBacks%20home_zpsb8cij5t8.png

Using this new wordmark, I created what I call the "Modern Throwback" series.  It utilizes the past colors but in the more modern style.

DBacks%20modern%20throwback_zpswlsntmtj.

Then someone had suggested to put more of the dark blue in my Brewers home alternate.  It was a good call, it is much better now.

Brewers%20home%20alt_zps48sh8vjt.png

Ok, how about those San Francisco Giants?  Well, here they are.

Giants%20Home_zpsklmhyj4a.png

Giants%20Away_zpsoefriay4.png

Home and Away are pretty simple.  I wanted to have a consistency of look.  For the home I kept the cream base and went back to a 1959 front script.  Road unis I got rid of the placket that they currently have because it does not match the trim on the sleeves, which I find very sloppy.

Home Alternate I gave a orange jersey with SF logo on chest.

Giants%20Home%20Alt_zpsor1lbawb.png

Road alternate I did the Giant's black (which is a very off black with an orange tint) to the jersey with piping reversed from what is on the road and home jersey.

Giants%20Away%20Alt_zpsqf1ryha4.png

So that is what I would do with the Giants.

The Giants are looking solid, and I like the return of the old block-style lettering. 

My only gripe is with the home alternate. Maybe it's just me, but the cream pants seem to clash with the white trim on the jersey. It's not an issue with the road set because the pants are gray, but it stands out more on that home alt. I would either eliminate the white trim or make the trim cream, though that might look strange. 

8 hours ago, coco1997 said:

My only gripe is with the home alternate. Maybe it's just me, but the cream pants seem to clash with the white trim on the jersey. It's not an issue with the road set because the pants are gray, but it stands out more on that home alt. I would either eliminate the white trim or make the trim cream, though that might look strange. 

That's a good point out.  Here are both options:

Giants%20Home%20Alt%20no%20white_zpswh3k

Giants%20Home%20Alt%20cream_zpsceg3loib.

I think the cream trim looks the best as it gives some pop to the piping and SF logo.  What do you think?

Oh, and here is the Road Alternate in cream instead of white.  The cream definitely looks better here.

Giants%20Away%20Alt%20cream_zpstvxmpb7h.

I guess my next question is if I should change the arm patch to a cream color or leave that white?  It would be the only element that uses white.  Or is an arm patch exempt from the rest of the design?

The D-backs modern throwback is fantastic, I'd buy one of those!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Alright, how about a trip on the Allegheny River to Steel City?  For the most part, I think the Pirates have one of the best uniform sets in MLB.  I'd make a small tweak here and there, but mostly I think they are good.  My big changes would be in the Alternate jerseys.  Hope you like them.

Pirates%20Home_zpsfczvi17c.png

Pirates%20Home%20Alt_zps4nyqlesh.png

Pirates%20Away_zpsipxwz9un.png

Pirates%20Away%20Alt_zpsewbyhvfm.png

Now that I have a new template, I'm going to revisit some of my past designs.  Here is the one that started my redesigns (on another tread because I didn't know how to change the titles of threads at the time), the Miami Marlins.

Marlins%20Home_zpswieeatnj.png

Marlins%20Away_zpsc9jbvmqq.png

Marlins%20Home%20alt_zpsp49ujvsb.png

Marlins%20Away%20Alt_zpss6ohaawm.png

Currently I'm trying to fix the arm patch so that it has the same style of font as the chest script.  Right now I'm having a high failure rate, so I thought I'd just publish the rest of the design and fix it when I can actually make it look good.

I felt you pretty much perfected the Marlins in your other thread, so there's not much more I can comment on. Once again, I have to say your new template is great.

One issue I just noticed is the sleeve patch. The teal lettering is difficult to read against the gray background. What if you made the background black?

And any chance we can see some AL Central teams? They seem to be the most neglected division of the ones you've done so far.

Archived