2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

...And any chance we can see some AL Central teams? They seem to be the most neglected division of the ones you've done so far.

That is because they are the least train-wrecked division in MLB!  I'll do the Royals, Twins, White Sox, and Tigers soon, but there is not a whole lot to change, if any change at all.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, davidrpaige said:

That is because they are the least train-wrecked division in MLB!  I'll do the Royals, Twins, White Sox, and Tigers soon, but there is not a whole lot to change, if any change at all.

That's true, the AL Central is probably the classiest looking division.

What do you think of my suggestion to fix the Marlins sleeve patch?

Ok, by popular request, I'm going to start looking at AL Central teams.  I'll start with the Detroit Tigers.

So one thing that has always bothered me about the Tigers is their use of 2 style for the same logo.  I'm talking specifically of their "old English" D logo.  The D on the home uniforms, which has been in use since the 1920s, is different then the D on their hat.  The Yankees have the same annoying practice.  Well, I wanted to just pick one D style and stick with it.  I went with the hat logo as I felt it had better visual appeal.  The rest of the uniform is following their very traditional look.

Tigers%20Home_zpsmqpxq7e6.png

The road uniform is altered a little bit from what they use now.  I got rid of the white outline which made things more complex then it needed to be.  I don't hate the white, unlike a lot of people, I just feel it is unnecessary.

Tigers%20Away_zpsw7wlyum2.png

The alternates I wanted to do something fun.  I wanted to use the very unused Tiger script for a home alternate, putting the Tigers in that tradition of having a name script for a home uniform.  The road alt I wanted to mimic the main home uniform, but in a dark away style.

Tigers%20Home%20Alt_zpseybke0yx.png

Tigers%20Away%20Alt_zpsfpyvwezy.png

As you might have noticed, I updated their classic logo (I refer to it as the Caffeine Cat logo) to utilize the modern drawn tiger.

What do you think?

Small nitpick...the batterman logos should have the same order of colors.  The hat is orange/white/navy, while the jersey is navy/white/orange.  Other than that, great job.  The update of the circular logo is awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Let's go a little more out there.  I wanted to do something for the Kansas City Royals and make them more, well, royal.  So I replaced their color scheme with a rich purple, gold and red velvet color.

My guidelines were in terms of trim Purple > Gold > Red

Royals%20Home_zpswhva24ev.png

Royals%20Road_zpsavlvlvp2.png

Royals%20Home%20Alt_zpszontw6z7.png

Royals%20Road%20Alt_zpsx6s1wcwf.png

There, I hope that gives the Royals the royal treatment!  It would be nice to get more purple into the game, right now only the Rockies sporting the color.

The Tigers looks great, but the KC is a miss in my eyes. I never understood the love for putting them in purple. They're called the Royals. Royal Blue as a main colour makes sense.

I do feel the jerseys looks nice, I just want to see these with the Royal Blue and Gold, like that special alternate they've been wearing this year.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

24 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The Tigers looks great, but the KC is a miss in my eyes. I never understood the love for putting them in purple. They're called the Royals. Royal Blue as a main colour makes sense.

I do feel the jerseys looks nice, I just want to see these with the Royal Blue and Gold, like that special alternate they've been wearing this year.

Thank You! I'm so sick and tired hearing about how my Royals "look so much like the Dodgers" and "purple and yellow are more regal colors for the Royals". There is a reason the Royals chose blue as a color for their team, it's called "Royal Blue" for a reason.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

There is a reason purple is associated with royalty. If you don't want to read all that, @SFGiants58 went into detail why he chose purple for his Royals concepts here. Not that I would necessarily want the Royals to switch to purple and gold (nor would it happen) but these concepts show how good it could look if done right. I also like the small touch of velvety red.  

Somewhere there's an alternate universe where the Royals were the first team to rock purple and did a much better job of it than the Rockies. 

Looking forward to the White Sox and Twins! The Twins are another team who could probably benefit from a tweaked color scheme. 

On August 12, 2016 at 11:01 AM, davidrpaige said:

Ok, by popular request, I'm going to start looking at AL Central teams.  I'll start with the Detroit Tigers.

So one thing that has always bothered me about the Tigers is their use of 2 style for the same logo.  I'm talking specifically of their "old English" D logo.  The D on the home uniforms, which has been in use since the 1920s, is different then the D on their hat.  The Yankees have the same annoying practice.  Well, I wanted to just pick one D style and stick with it.  I went with the hat logo as I felt it had better visual appeal.  The rest of the uniform is following their very traditional look.

Tigers%20Home_zpsmqpxq7e6.png

The road uniform is altered a little bit from what they use now.  I got rid of the white outline which made things more complex then it needed to be.  I don't hate the white, unlike a lot of people, I just feel it is unnecessary.

Tigers%20Away_zpsw7wlyum2.png

The alternates I wanted to do something fun.  I wanted to use the very unused Tiger script for a home alternate, putting the Tigers in that tradition of having a name script for a home uniform.  The road alt I wanted to mimic the main home uniform, but in a dark away style.

Tigers%20Home%20Alt_zpseybke0yx.png

Tigers%20Away%20Alt_zpsfpyvwezy.png

As you might have noticed, I updated their classic logo (I refer to it as the Caffeine Cat logo) to utilize the modern drawn tiger.

What do you think?

I like these a lot.  While it's never bothered me that Detroit doesn't use orange in their home uniforms, your approach offers more consistency without significantly devianting from tradition.  Well done ?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

21 hours ago, davidrpaige said:

Let's go a little more out there.  I wanted to do something for the Kansas City Royals and make them more, well, royal.  So I replaced their color scheme with a rich purple, gold and red velvet color.

My guidelines were in terms of trim Purple > Gold > Red

Royals%20Home_zpswhva24ev.png

Royals%20Road_zpsavlvlvp2.png

Royals%20Home%20Alt_zpszontw6z7.png

Royals%20Road%20Alt_zpsx6s1wcwf.png

There, I hope that gives the Royals the royal treatment!  It would be nice to get more purple into the game, right now only the Rockies sporting the color.

I agree with a lot of people that the royal blue needs to come back, but I like this color scheme (It's almost identical to the USL Orlando City, so bonus points for that :P). The black alternate is pointless, as black appears nowhere else on the set - I recommend yellow or powder. Other than that, I like it!

ExJworW.png

On August 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Topherlee2 said:

Thank You! I'm so sick and tired hearing about how my Royals "look so much like the Dodgers" and "purple and yellow are more regal colors for the Royals". There is a reason the Royals chose blue as a color for their team, it's called "Royal Blue" for a reason.

I never said that they looked too much like the Dodgers.  I'm a fan of the Royals set, especially now that they ditched the unnecessary black element.  I was exploring other avenues they could go into.  The Royals are lucky that way, that they have an option available to them that makes logical sense, unlike a lot of teams where a radical change is just a radical change.

Now, on to something even more blasphemous: tweaking the Yankees! *old tyme women fainting*

Like the Tigers, it always bothered me that they had 2 different styles to the same logo.  The hat and jersey logo are the same interlocking NY but of different styles.  Drives me crazy.  Pick one already.  You only have had them since the 1920s!

So for my set I used the hat logo style for everything.  I kept the rest of the home and road jerseys the same, as they are very simple and iconic.

Yankees%20Home_zpsjealhyip.png

Yankees%20Road_zpsowrhvnmv.png

Now for the alternates.  The Yankees have this great workmark script that is almost never used.  So I used it to be on the home alt jersey.  I kept the pinstripe motif, as anything else would just be too weird for Yankee fans.  I also added a red trim as red and a light blue, due to their main logo, are part of their color scheme.  While I didn't utilize the light blue, I put in red trim to give a little pop.

The road alt is sort of a reverse of the main home jersey.  In the 70s there was a prototype of a dark blue with white pinstripe away jersey that they never used.  While I think the white pinstripes is way too much, I wanted to bring that concept back.  That dark Yankee blue with a white NY should really jump out and have the look of an old tradition for the Yankees.

Yankees%20Home%20Alt_zpskhdsqtfh.png

Yankees%20Road%20Alt_zpshrpvfie4.png

Ok, so that is my tweaks of the Yankees.  I wanted to keep to tradition while adding a little bit of new into the mix.  What do you think?

The other direction I was thinking with the Home Alt was to use the 1927-30 Road script with a red outline.  I ultimately opted for the cursive script as it is a well known script for Yankee fans, just doesn't get enough "air time".  I was a big fan of this choice so I wanted to show it as well.

Yankees%20Home%20Alt%202_zpsjy2l3ubj.png

YES!!! I prefer the 2nd version of the home  alternate...we have a history of that on our uniforms...and a number in the front was too much for me (as a Yankee fan). Great work!!!

Also, I'd remove the majestic logo. Yanks, I think, are the only team that refuses to wear it. 

P.S. This was a popular look in the Bronx in 2000: 

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, davidrpaige said:

I never said that they looked too much like the Dodgers.  I'm a fan of the Royals set, especially now that they ditched the unnecessary black element.  I was exploring other avenues they could go into.  The Royals are lucky that way, that they have an option available to them that makes logical sense, unlike a lot of teams where a radical change is just a radical change.

I know you didn't, I just wanted to say it as a die-hard Royals that watches a lot of MLB Concepts of my Royals. You doing a great job, by the way.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Archived