• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so if we do the cursive script on the Mets' road digs, then here is a more finalized version.

Mets%20Road%202_zpsjpsnsgj2.png

Alright, remember way back to the beginning of this thread, where I said I wouldn't touch the Cardinals' look?  I lied.  Big time lie.

Cardinals%20home_zpsd75yenjr.png

Cardinals%20home%20alt_zpsvrzkwrnq.png

Cardinals%20away_zpsqd0qcl4n.png

Cardinals%20away%20alt_zpsb0mfwwhw.png

So I kept to St. Louis' tradition of not using trim on the jersey and pants.  I did put a little white trim on the alt jerseys though.  Outside of that, the Cardinals are keeping to tradition and updating a little by having the city name on the Road uniform.  I also did an update, for the arm patch, of their 1967-1997 main logo by using the modern bird on bat logo.

What do you think?  Teams like the Cardinals, Yankees, and Cubs are part of that pantheon of "unalterable" looks, but they have had small evolutions over the years, so these are mine.

Woah, didn't expect to see you take on the Cards.

Those alts look great. I always thought the Cards could pull off a red alt, and this is exactly how I would want it to look. The "StL" monogram makes a fantastic crest. I also like the new bird logo patch.

Speaking of birds, any chance we can see the O's or Blue Jays next?

56 minutes ago, davidrpaige said:

I'm finishing up on Toronto tonight, but I have the O's all ready to present.  I'll post them tomorrow.

Sweet!

This is strange, but for some reason I'm no longer receiving e-mail notifications when you post in this topic. Weird.

6 hours ago, davidrpaige said:

ok, so if we do the cursive script on the Mets' road digs, then here is a more finalized version.

Mets%20Road%202_zpsjpsnsgj2.png

Alright, remember way back to the beginning of this thread, where I said I wouldn't touch the Cardinals' look?  I lied.  Big time lie.

Cardinals%20home_zpsd75yenjr.png

Cardinals%20home%20alt_zpsvrzkwrnq.png

Cardinals%20away_zpsqd0qcl4n.png

Cardinals%20away%20alt_zpsb0mfwwhw.png

So I kept to St. Louis' tradition of not using trim on the jersey and pants.  I did put a little white trim on the alt jerseys though.  Outside of that, the Cardinals are keeping to tradition and updating a little by having the city name on the Road uniform.  I also did an update, for the arm patch, of their 1967-1997 main logo by using the modern bird on bat logo.

What do you think?  Teams like the Cardinals, Yankees, and Cubs are part of that pantheon of "unalterable" looks, but they have had small evolutions over the years, so these are mine.

As a Birds fan, I wouldn't say my team is completely 'unalterable.' I've always believed that so-called honor belongs to the Yankees, Tigers, and maybe the Cubs. I never did like the plain look myself. I think the Cards looked their best during the pullover era, with that red/white/blue jersey trim, or the late '40s, when they had piping for days! 

So... on to your concept. Not bad. A bit safe for my tastes, but I wouldn't object to them wearing this for real. I like the sleeve patch.

Ok, let's look at the Baltimore Orioles.  I kept this also very simple, as I find the Orioles uniforms very much a solid set, now that they use the Baltimore script for the Road uniforms.

Orioles%20Home_zpsbiugbrne.png

Orioles%20Road_zpstanqwktm.png

Orioles%20Home%20Alt_zpszswzaawv.png

Orioles%20Road%20Alt_zpsutsc26d9.png

I opted for the cartoon bird, mostly because it works better in a jersey.  I do have a certain fondness for the realistic bird and tried to make it work.  Ultimately I think the cartoon bird is more fun and has a better symmetry that works for hats and uniform designs.  But here is an example of the home hat utilizing the realistic bird.

Os%20bird%20hat_zpszsaen2hu.png

So there are the Orioles.  Discuss.

Love that you kept the cartoon bird. I have never been a fan of the sleeve patch they have used. I liked when they used the swinging bird. Would a modern touch of the old circle logo have worked? I liked when you did that with the Cardinals.

For the black alt, I would be interested in seeing how the realistic bird looks on the jersey. Then it would also have to be on an alt cap. 

I'm really liking the white panel cap and the use of the baseball behind the Blue Jay.  I think the road gray needs the Blue Jay logo like the home has on the front.  I really like the light blue alt.  I miss the blue alt that they have now.  It's one of my favorite alts in all of baseball.

The Blue Jays look great! I'm really liking the use of the bird logo on the alts. My only suggestions are to add placket piping to the navy alt so it's consistent with the home alt, and also either eliminate the sleeve piping on the road alt or add it to the home alt--again, all for consistency's sake. Also, the Canada Day uni should have red piping on the pants instead of blue, shouldn't it?

Are the Braves next?

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

...Also, the Canada Day uni should have red piping on the pants instead of blue, shouldn't it?

I was going to do that.  I was going to do an all red theme for Canada Day because, well, it is Canada Day.  But I rethought it and I didn't want to completely overshadow the Blue Jay's identity.  So there are some elements of the Jay's color scheme in the Canada Day uniform for those parts of the Blue Jay's identity.

2 hours ago, davidrpaige said:

I was going to do that.  I was going to do an all red theme for Canada Day because, well, it is Canada Day.  But I rethought it and I didn't want to completely overshadow the Blue Jay's identity.  So there are some elements of the Jay's color scheme in the Canada Day uniform for those parts of the Blue Jay's identity.

Fair enough. :)

Looking forward to the Braves. Can't believe you've nearly finished the entire league! 

Just from the last page or two...really like the White Sox, Expos, and Mets (I like both road scripts, maybe a slight nod to '87 mark).  

Good work all around...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived