• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My, has it been Christmas since I posted?  Has it been that long that my Photoshop license decided to quit for no apparent reason?  Yes, yes it is.

Well, in honor of MLB's Opening Day...despite Sunday having 3 friggin games...let's see if I can't stumble through a few more things.

Let's look at the New Orleans Krewe.  The Krewe, named after the organizations that organize and participate in the Mardi Gras floats and parties, is an amalgamation of the New Orleans Saints and the NBA's New Orleans Jazz.

Krewe%20Home_zpsu5bydabq.png

Krewe%20Home%20Alt_zps226dggmm.png

Krewe%20Away_zpskoawzbya.png

Krewe%20Away%20Alt_zps1ymxe76g.png

I fought like hell from using any black in the designs (outside the shoes and belt) and stick to traditional Mardi Gras colors (color palette via NBA New Orleans Jazz 1974/75 thru 1978/79).   I borrowed the fleur de lis and Louisiana logo from the NFL's New Orleans Saints to be used as hat logo and arm patch.

Anyways, that is what I'd do for a New Orleans team.  What do you think?

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Wow, I thought this series was over. The only thing I'm not big on is the white fleur-de-lis on the road alt. Other than that, amazing job!

P.S. Did you get my message about the Outlaws?

You think I should have gone with my original plan?

Krewe%20Away%20Alt%202_zpseowbrrmp.png

Yes, I did get your message about the Outlaws.  My Vegas team is currently in a "creative crisis" and I've gone to the drawing board a few times already.  I'm going to hammer them out soon now that I got a working Photoshop back on my computer again.

I'd go with something like Java Script or Strangerland for the word marks. They look a little too funky for MLB, maybe good for MiLB. Numbers are difficult to read as well, but I'd go with something other than a standard block number. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Only one problem - @Veras's AFA has the same name for his New Orleans team.

But ignoring that, this is a very good concept. The script could be better, but it works for a New Orleans team.

That's not a problem at all. I don't own the name - I got it on a suggestion from @DNAsports, and he got the idea from the same place as the op. 

I'd say this is very well executed. I particularly like the number font. It feels very much like it belongs in New Orleans. 

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

This is such a great concept, for all teams. One little nitpick: it's like for all of the teams you have the numbers on the front, which really bugs me. It's probably a personal pet peeve.

But anyway, great job with the Indy Stars. I've always wanted an MLB team in my hometown, and I feel like the A's would have a great chance to move to Indy. Maybe it's just me but that's my 2 cents.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Wanted to post a tweaking of The Charlotte Bobcats concept that I had done earlier in this thread.  I just wanted to refine the look more.

Charlotte%20Home_zpshzddkmau.png

Charlotte%20Home%20Alt_zps94vsoi1j.png

Charlotte%20Away_zpsevjebco0.png

Charlotte%20Away%20Alt_zpsbg62ax1k.png

In the midst of working on another expansion idea called the Oklahoma Oilers as well as the Las Vegas Outlaws.  I'm going to be posting either tonight or tomorrow re-tweaks I did to the San Diego Padres.  I am also finalizing touch-ups on a few past teams like the Indy Stars, Portland Beavers, and Anaheim Angels.

After that I might delve into AAA teams that were not touch on with my fantasy expansion ideas.

36 minutes ago, davidrpaige said:

Are you looking for 70s style throwbacks or old-school 1930's style?

Anything that you think teams would wear for a game. Could even be a blend of eras.

Archived