On 4/14/2017 at 5:37 PM, coco1997 said:

I think there might be a disconnect between the team name and your color scheme. When I hear the word "outlaw,"...

I agree.  That nagging thought was going through my head as I was making the neon set.

On 4/15/2017 at 6:23 AM, Victormrey said:

Despite I like the latest colour scheme used for Las Vegas, given the team name is Outlaws, I think your first idea was totally on point.

This is what the rest of the uniforms were for that line.

Outlaws%20classic%20home%20alt_zpswjgska

Outlaws%20classic%20away_zpsigdudg0w.png

Outlaws%20classic%20away%20alt_zpsuurcrt

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Looking good! Which other teams do you plan to go back and tweak?

The Cubs, Astros, Brewers, Nationals, Rangers, Mariners, Dodgers, Reds, and Rockies will be simple reposts using my new template. The Phillies, Angels, Indians, and Beavers will have a few more updates from when I first posted them. Vancouver is getting a port to my new template as well as another design concept for the city. 

Touching back to the subject of American vs National league idea, in light of the Oakland A's progress of staying in Oakland, this is what I would do in terms of expansion and placement of teams:

American League

East

1. New York Yankees

2. Boston Red Sox

3. Baltimore Orioles

4. Toronto Blue Jays

5. Tampa Bay Rays

6. Charlotte expansion

Central

1. Chicago White Sox

2. Minnesota Twins

3. Cleveland Indians

4. Kansas City Royals

5. Detroit Tigers

6. Texas Rangers (move from the AL West)

West

1. LA Angels

2. Oakland A's

3. Seattle Mariners

4. Portland expansion

5. Vancouver expansion

6. Salt Lake City expansion

National League

East

1. Washington Nationals

2. New York Mets

3. Philadelphia Phillies

4. Atlanta Braves

5. Miami Marlins

6. Montreal expansion

Central

1. Cincinnati Reds

2. Milwaukee Brewers

3. Pittsburgh Pirates

4. Houston Astros (move from AL West)

5. St. Louis Cardinals

6. Chicago Cubs

West

1. Arizona Diamondbacks

2. San Francisco Giants

3. Colorado Rockies

4. LA Dodgers

5. San Diego Padres

6. Las Vegas expansion

I think getting the Rangers out of the West division is long overdue.  Put the Astros back into the National League where they belong.  Get Montreal a team again because it was not the fans that failed the club, it was the :censored:ty owners.  That leaves a lot of expansion for the west coast to work on.  Not sure how well Salt Lake City can handle a MLB team, but they have a population CSA of almost 2.5 million people.

Guess I need to do a Salt Lake City concept...

10 hours ago, davidrpaige said:

Guess I need to do a Salt Lake City concept...

If you're going to adapt a pre-existing identity, Salt Lake City has a rich history of professional and independent minor league baseball identities, most notably the Bees. The only problem is the Bees' color scheme and wordmarks are identical to the Pirates.

Then again, it would be funny to have the A's and Bees in the same division. ;)

Ok, here is an update of the Phillies.  Very little was changed from when I first posted it, but more of a general clean up.  I did change the arm patch from something I found on the InterWebs (I can't seem to find it again so I can't give proper credit at this time).

Phillies%20Home_zpsd47rpxqo.png

Phillies%20Home%20Alt_zps1mepd2f8.png

Phillies%20away_zpsvo5istcw.png

Phillies%20Away%20Alt_zpstx5a9i8v.png

On 4/21/2017 at 5:46 PM, coco1997 said:

The Phillies look sharp. In addition to the aforementioned changes, the road wordmark is now arched, too, correct?

Yes, I did end up arching the Philadelphia word mark.  It allowed me to make the type larger and therefor more legible.  Also gave a bit more visual interest.

On 4/21/2017 at 5:46 PM, coco1997 said:

Also, have you given any thought to a Salt Lake City identity? 

I'm currently tinkering around with a more up-to-date look for the Bees.  One thing I've done, so far, is move to a more honey color to the yellow.  Yes, not working in Pirate like lettering.

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about doing batting practice uniforms? I see potential with the Beavers arm patch 

That is a good idea.  I'll go back and do BP looks for all my teams.  I suppose it is a good way to milk this thread even longer! :P

11 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about doing batting practice uniforms? I see potential with the Beavers arm patch 

I have the old BP template from Jay Jackson (which I modified his template for my current used one), so I don't know much of what the current trends are for BP jerseys.  From the template I have here is what I created for the Portland Beavers:

Portland%20BP_zpsc95plqeg.png

I'm going to have to do more research on BP styles, as I don't know much about BPs.

Archived