Sorry for the delay, real life was kicking in.  Also I did struggle with the Grizzlies a little more.  I had a lot of second guessing myself on this one.

Ultimately, I decided to go very simple with the Grizzlies.  I kept to the color palette of a Dark Brown, Turquoise/Teal, and Naismith Red (at least that is what they called it).  I made the brown the main color while keeping the teal and red as accents.

First, I modified the bear clawed G as the hat logo.  I wanted to be careful not to make it too MiLB.

Grizzlies%20G_zpsg716cehx.png

Then modified one of their old logos to fit a baseball theme.  Again, this is pushing more of a MiLB style, but I figure you can get away with a little more on the arm patch.

grizzly%20paw%20baseball_zpsiz6fydrm.png

That then led to the Home, Away, Home Alt, and Away Alts.  I kept it very simple with very little variation, unlike other teams I have done.

Girzzlies%20Home_zpss4rkawvj.png

Girzzlies%20Away_zpsgvi5ujxz.png

Girzzlies%20Home%20Alt_zpsljkiaeas.png

Girzzlies%20Away%20Alt_zpslqmmlbcp.png

I kept it clean and simple for this one.  What do you think?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see this series back in action again!

The Grizzlies turned out great. I would like to see a turquoise alternate for either the home or road (most likely home) since turquoise is such an underused color in MLB. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Nice to see this series back in action again!

The Grizzlies turned out great. I would like to see a turquoise alternate for either the home or road (most likely home) since turquoise is such an underused color in MLB. 

Well, this was from my rejected pile:

Grizzlies%20Home%20alt%20teal_zpsf3mx5ub

I thought it was too much and decided to go with a more subdued look.  I have another version of this with the jersey in Red and the trim having more of the teal and no red.

4 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

How would the dark brown from the logos look replacing the black with the set? Just wondering... still think it's beautiful.

Actually, there is no black in the design, it is all the dark brown. The belt and the cleats are the only thing black. 

Just now, davidrpaige said:

Actually, there is no black in the design, it is all the dark brown. The belt and the cleats are the only thing black. 

Then it's too dark.

I'm on my computer and I can see a bit of a browny tint, but it still looks black. I'd make it slightly lighter.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

3 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Then it's too dark.

I'm on my computer and I can see a bit of a browny tint, but it still looks black. I'd make it slightly lighter.

Agreed. When I first looked at the concepts before reading the description, I just assumed it was black. Lightening it up just a bit could make a huge difference. 

ok, took a little time off and now I'm looking at the Houston Astros.  I basically like what they have done to the redesign a few years ago, going back to an old school look they had when they first changed over from the Colt .45s.  It might be a tad nitpicky (but isn't that what tweaks are all about?) but I thought they could use some minor clean up and choices with the hats with road and away game.

I also tried something with the Astro rainbow, especially on the Away Alt.

Astros%20Home_zpswhs8euzc.png

Astro%20away_zpszsktbu1z.png

Astros%20Home%20Alt_zps4bwrvzdh.png

Astros%20Away%20Alt_zpslhfe9mvu.png 

44 minutes ago, davidrpaige said:

ok, took a little time off and now I'm looking at the Houston Astros.  I basically like what they have done to the redesign a few years ago, going back to an old school look they had when they first changed over from the Colt .45s.  It might be a tad nitpicky (but isn't that what tweaks are all about?) but I thought they could use some minor clean up and choices with the hats with road and away game.

I also tried something with the Astro rainbow, especially on the Away Alt.

Astros%20Home_zpswhs8euzc.png

Astro%20away_zpszsktbu1z.png

Astros%20Home%20Alt_zps4bwrvzdh.png

Astros%20Away%20Alt_zpslhfe9mvu.png 

How would the tiquilla sunrise socks look with the primary set? I like what you've got, I've always thought the Astros should go orange at home, navy on the road. 

What do people think of this?  It is an update of the tequila sunrise on the sides, but got rid of the color on the underside of the arms and added a little trim.  Or do you prefer the placket stripping in the first one?

Also updated the socks for better color flow.

Astros%20Away%20Alt%202_zps2y6jjw6c.png

That navy alt is a beauty. I like the idea of the star "H" as a chest logo. 

Not really feeling the striping on the home and road primary socks, though. How about trying the tequila sunrise striping on the whole set?

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

That navy alt is a beauty. I like the idea of the star "H" as a chest logo. 

Which one?  The rainbow placket or the rainbow on the sides?

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Not really feeling the striping on the home and road primary socks, though. How about trying the tequila sunrise striping on the whole set?

Eh, I want to keep the tequila sunrise colors for the alternates and leave the Home and Away more traditional.  I think I'll just simplify the home socks to match more like the road set, but not add the yellow and red.

Archived