A history of the Federation of American Lacrosse

Polskan

So this is my first project ever, I'm not very good at designing logos or jerseys, but we have to start somewhere.

Basically I want to do a version of the league history threads but in an alternate universe where a group of Iroquois teach American settlers how to play Lacrosse and it eventually becomes widely popular in the states. It even leads to many feeling that the Natives should be left in peace, as the sport has shown that these people were not savages. So to reflect that, there are a few states in the Union that are mainly Native in population. (I will make a map of the alternate USA, this is something I CAN do.) 

The starting date will be 1870, so we would have pretty much no pads, and traditional sticks.

irstick.gif

Starting year club cities

New York

Baltimore

Philadelphia

Boston

Six Nations

Chicago

New Jersey (Where the first professional Lacrosse game was played.)

Charleston

If you have an idea for a city or club name please post below.

I also am in need of a template for an 1870's Lacrosse jersey. 

Ooh Lacrosse interesting.......... #NewYorkLizards?

I wont suggest any team names until I see the 'alternate' map of 'Mureka

but one question, will the teams be named modern American style, Euro soccer style, or old American style (baseball)?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

5 hours ago, CodeG said:

Ooh Lacrosse interesting.......... #NewYorkLizards?

I wont suggest any team names until I see the 'alternate' map of 'Mureka

but one question, will the teams be named modern American style, Euro soccer style, or old American style (baseball)?

The team names will be old American style since it is 1870. Two years before the start of professional baseball. Haha

I'll make the map soon. Basically the map of the US in 1870, but the unincorporated territories will be Native American states,

Professional Baseball started in 1869, but this is a great idea

New York: Emperors

Baltimore: Crabs

Philadelphia: Citizens or Founders

Boston: Rouges or Vandals

Six Nations: Eagles

Chicago: in 1871 great Chicago Fire happened, until then maybe something having to do with Lake Michigan

New Jersey: Where in New Jersey?

Charleston: Pirates, Invaders, Siege

12 hours ago, Polskan said:

The team names will be old American style since it is 1870. Two years before the start of professional baseball. Haha

I'll make the map soon. Basically the map of the US in 1870, but the unincorporated territories will be Native American states,

Okie dokie

New York: Metros (I know there are a bunch of teams with the same name, but it works all to well with the era)

Baltimore: Crabs or Claws (Baltimore has lots of Blue Crabs, the biggest crab in North America)

Philadelphia: Freedom, Liberty, Patriots (anything like that works awesome in Philly)

Boston: Pilgrims? Or Athletes of Boston? Minutemen

Six Nations: Eagles, Spirits, Natives, Nanooks (anything Indian-like or an Indian word.. I know Nanook isn't Indian I couldn't think of anything else)

Chicago: Stars (The Chicago flag wasn't made until 1917, maybe the Chicago Stars helped influence the flag????)

New Jersey: (I think having a city would be better) Originals, Generals, Royals, Kings (something fancy)

Charleston: (which Charleston?) if SC then do Pirates, or Privateers. If anywhere else do Charleston Athletics 

'Extra' gotta love a Brooklyn team back when Brooklyn was Brooklyn. How about the Brooklyn Goalscorers 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

18 hours ago, Jvhn177 said:

Professional Baseball started in 1869, but this is a great idea

New York: Emperors

Philadelphia: Citizens or Founders

Boston: Rouges or Vandals

Six Nations: Eagles

Chicago: in 1871 great Chicago Fire happened, until then maybe something having to do with Lake Michigan

New Jersey: Where in New Jersey?

Charleston: Pirates, Invaders, Siege

Newark, New Jersey. Whether the team stays in the league is up to success, otherwise they will probably eventually be relocated.

Some other team suggestions,

Chicago Lakers (Chicago was the main trading port on the Great Lakes) 

Baltimore LC (Lacrosse Club, kinda like FC and SC in soccer)

Boston Bees (most old teams were named after their colors, maybe they have stripes and were named the Bees)

Newark Royals (no team in 1870 would use the state as their name. Newark would work better for now)

Other team ideas

Hartford Tigers (like the Bees, but more Tiger-y. Also creates neat rivalry there)

Pittsbourgh Ironmen or Steel (It's obvious)

Gettysburg Freedom (Old sports had odd teams. And since Gettysburg was where Lincoln gave his Gettysburg Adrees)

Brooklyn........ I can't think of a name for Brooklyn but Brooklyn would work good since it was a city back then

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

New York: Kings

Philadelphia: Liberty

Boston: Idk

Six Nations: Spirit

Chicago: Wind

New Jersey: Garden

Charleston:If SC, Siege or Attack, If WV (doubtful to me, but I hope so) Miners

IxkieML.png

New York Empire (!!!)

Baltimore Crabs (just right!)

Philadelphia Liberty (why not?)

Six nations Eagles (all the way!)

Charleston Privateers (just right again...)

New Jersey Founders (not really sure about this...)

Boston Revolutionaries (Revs is a nice nickname!)

Chicago Lakers (who else..)

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

New York: Captains

there were many ships going through "the City that Never Sleeps". Perhaps the founder had a boat. 

Baltimore: Sticksmen

I couldn't find anything about Baltimore that was interesting, so I went with a generic name that sounds old fashioned. 

Philadelphia: Netminders

Another generic name for a city I couldn't find anything on.  

Boston: Tea Partyers

The good ol' Boston Tea Party. 

Six Nations:?

What is 6 Nations?

Chicago: Armours

Armour and Company was a huge company during this time. 

New Jersey: *insert color here* stockings

Many baseball teams during this time had names like this. 

Charleston: Sumters

I could see a few local Charleston players who previously faught at Fort Sumter. 

Before you choose any names though, I want you to look at the professional baseball teams from the same period. Many of the suggestions are way too modern to be realistic. Nobody had singular team names, such as "Spirit" or "Empire". 

I think that this thread has a lot of potential, and that starts with the names. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

4 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Pay your respects now……

You were only relevant for a day or two, but you brought my hopes and dreams so high, if only you could've lasted even longer. But alas we may never know what you could've accomplished to

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

8 hours ago, llfhockey said:
On 6/2/2016 at 1:04 PM, Uglybus said:

What is 6 Nations?

Come on @Uglybus, you know where I'm from, but who doesn't know that? 

Archived