2016/1816 World Cup of Hockey

JCRGraphix

I had an interesting idea for a concept series while watching old hockey videos. What would the World Cup of Hockey look like if the world still had the same borders as if it were 1816. I am making concepts for 10 countries with current players. 

Up first is the 10th-ranked Ottoman Empire which has no current NHL players on its roster.

Ottoman Empire.png1.png2.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lopernv said:

It's Grabovski, FYI.

Looks pretty good so far. Prussia is pretty intimidating.

Thanks! I'm not sure how I missed that one. I'll update it shortly.

11 hours ago, JCRGraphix said:

I had an interesting idea for a concept series while watching old hockey videos. What would the World Cup of Hockey look like if the world still had the same borders as if it were 1816. I am making concepts for 10 countries with current players. 

Up first is the 10th-ranked Ottoman Empire which has no current NHL players on its roster.

Ottoman Empire.png1.png2.png

I love this idea! I feel that the Ottoman Empire is missing something.  I think they could use a little gold as an outline color or something like that. Eh, it could just be me. if no gold, the Ottomans still look very good!

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Good looking concepts there--I think they'd sell some jerseys if these were real.

Looking forward to the rest.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Guest darkpiranha

I love these, Spain especially.  One thing I would be really interested in is seeing some of the elements you use for inspiration for these World Cup designs.  For example, I'm personally unfamiliar with any of the elements used in this Spain design, like the central logo and the crossed bars.  I'm assuming those are all from flags or other parts of Spanish history.  

18 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

I love these, Spain especially.  One thing I would be really interested in is seeing some of the elements you use for inspiration for these World Cup designs.  For example, I'm personally unfamiliar with any of the elements used in this Spain design, like the central logo and the crossed bars.  I'm assuming those are all from flags or other parts of Spanish history.  

The cross is the Burgundy Cross or Cruz de Borgoña which was features on the flag of the Spanish Empire from the 1500s into the 1800s. The logo is their coat of arms.

Archived