2016/1816 World Cup of Hockey

JCRGraphix

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome idea! Switzerland,Spain, USA great (even Prussia though I don't like them) ;) The moon on the red jersey of the ottoman empire needs a different outlining, right now it seems to be round with the dark red (white one is nice).

One thing: the Deutscher Bund wasn't a real country but rather a loose federation, I would love to see you doing a jersey for Bavaria (where Grubauer, Greiss, Kühnhackel and many more are originally from)
Best regards, keep on your good work!

Up next is the 4th-ranked Austrian Empire. Why would Austria be so highly ranked you might ask? The Austrian Empire contained chunks of Ukraine and Poland as well as the entirety of the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

austrian empire.png1.png2.png

2 hours ago, moonwalker said:

take off the Norway patch on the shield and Sweden could use these jerseys right now. They're awesome.

That Norwegian patch is still Amazing though...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

All great, but for some reason the Ottoman Empire instead of France? Sanctions due to Napoleon?)

The level of the French game is clearly higher than that of the Turks and their subordinates.

And what about Denmark? 

These look really classy, but the flag pattern in the logo makes it very difficult to discern what the shape is. I think if that had a solid fill, maybe some different accents for the lion shape, and sad to say the flag on the shoulders it'd look better. Have the logo match the color pattern of the numbers to stand out from the stripe. 

On 6/5/2016 at 4:34 PM, JCRGraphix said:

Up next are the 3th-ranked United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway.

3th? :P

Regardless, I agree that the lion is hard to see with the flag pattern. Maybe go all out and have the flag be the actual striping for the jersey?

2 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

3th? :P

Regardless, I agree that the lion is hard to see with the flag pattern. Maybe go all out and have the flag be the actual striping for the jersey?

Wow! I can't believe I missed that lol.

I get that other people think the logo is a too busy, but it's pretty close to the official team logo, so I think it looks good. 

Not sure about the gold on the uniforms though. And I'm not sure if this was intentional, but basing the sweaters off of historical jerseys was a great choice. (All though, in 1816, wouldn't it be a turn ahead the clock uniform? :P)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Up next is the top-ranked Russian Empire. What happens when you combine powerhouses Russia and Finland? You get this hockey juggernaut that is so full of talent that they would have to turn away franchise players!

russia.png1.png2.png

On 12.06.2016 at 8:05 PM, JCRGraphix said:

Up next is the top-ranked Russian Empire. What happens when you combine powerhouses Russia and Finland? You get this hockey juggernaut that is so full of talent that they would have to turn away franchise players!

russia.png1.png2.png

Good job, but it must be two-headed eagle with the symbols of power of the tsar - crowns and so on.

Archived