2016 NBA Finals Patch

ClevelandBen3

Hi, big Cavs fan here. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Finals patch would be the same this year and if it's going to be on the back collar of the jerseys covering the NBA logo once again. I was hoping to get a couple of new jerseys with the patches added on them.

Thanks!

I don't know why they stopped branding the floors. I love seeing PLAYOFFS and FINALS on the floor. They also need to move the FINALS patch on the front of the jersey again but noooo, we need the front of the jersey for a stupid ad. Instead it's thrown on the back. Who puts a championship patch on the back? NBA just keeps pissing me off every single year!

This is the highest accomplishment in the top basketball league in the world, show it off on the court and front of the jersey!!!

lakers-086.jpg 

lebron-james-nba-finals-san-antonio-spur

XM4KeeA.png

55 minutes ago, dont care said:

They got rid of them on the court because people were slipping on the decals and didn't want more people getting hurt because of them

are/were the finals decals different that the teams logo´s on the court ? I mean , what about all the bullheads in chicago.

23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

are/were the finals decals different that the teams logo´s on the court ? I mean , what about all the bullheads in chicago.

My guess is that teams logos are all painted on before the clear coat or whatever they use to finish the courts. The stickers would then sit on top of the final coat.

To the Chicago point, I'm pretty sure they just clear coated the Finals logo to the floor during the Jordan era, anyway. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yes they are, the logos are painted on vs the finals logos which are just decals layer down on the court. It's what I believe those logos which caused rose to tear his ACL and a soccer slipped on a decal for iversons # retirement last year. So the NBA decided to get rid of them.

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

My guess is that teams logos are all painted on before the clear coat or whatever they use to finish the courts. The stickers would then sit on top of the final coat.

sounds right. But the floor come apart in pieces right ? then why could a whole piece of wood floor with the decals on in, and a layer of coating on top , not just be inserted into the floor. All nba floors are perhaps not the same ?

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

sounds right. But the floor come apart in pieces right ? then why could a whole piece of wood floor with the decals on in, and a layer of coating on top , not just be inserted into the floor. All nba floors are perhaps not the same ?

I believe that every NBA floor comes apart in pieces. My guess is that those new pieces might not look right when finished separately. I can't find a picture but I've seen some schools (Villanova?) play in NBA arenas attempt to switch out the center pieces and the coloring looked off compared to the rest of the floor.

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I believe that every NBA floor comes apart in pieces. My guess is that those new pieces might not look right when finished separately. I can't find a picture but I've seen some schools (Villanova?) play in NBA arenas attempt to switch out the center pieces and the coloring looked off compared to the rest of the floor.

ahh yes, thought so, it was just a idea i got. I now realize it would not match every court. 

^^ Exactly........i saw that game, and as every sports and uniform nerd here on this forum would have done, i yelled out my frustration, and could not stop talking about how bad it looked.

The price you pay for being a logogeek i guess. Well, atleast i got the TV for myself. :D

There's no reason that the logos should be any more slippery than a clear-coated floor.. I mean, there's a reason they scramble to wipe up after someone falls or spills on the court.. Not to mention the decal vinyl could have any finish you prefer.. Heck, you could even clear coat the vinyl before application.. So many solutions.. It's a shame they just abandoned it altogether

Archived