What jerseys would you like to see Mitchell & Ness recreate in the near future?

Tigers6884

We all know that Mitchell & Ness is the top name in throwback jerseys. You can find jerseys of pretty much every team from every era. But there are some jerseys that are now considered "old school", along with old jerseys they just haven't made yet (to my knowledge). My question is, what would you gladly buy from them which they have not yet made?

As for my hometown picks:

Dave Bing and Bob Lanier Detroit Pistons jerseys.

1935  Charlie Gehringer and/or Hank Greenberg away Detroit Tigers jersey.

1945 Hank Greenberg away Tigers jersey.

1957 Bobby Layne and/or Doak Walker Lions jerseys.

Other picks:

Eddie Gaedel St. Louis Browns jersey (because of the humorous 1/8 on the back)

Ken Griffey Jr. late 80s/early 90s Mariners jersey (perfect time to make them, and I'm sure they'd have no problem selling them this summer)

Griffey Jr. Turn Ahead The Clock jersey (sure, they were ugly, but wouldn't it be hilarious to have a jersey style that was once considered futuristic now be made as a throwback jersey?)

Anaheim Mighty Ducks “Wild Wing” alt jerseys (I don't care what anyone else thinks about those jerseys; I'd gladly buy a Guy Hebert or Teemu Selanne version)

1998 Tony Gwynn San Diego Padres jersey (I'd be fine with either home or away style, I love the color scheme) 

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 1937redskins said:

until they lower prices, I'll just get knock offs.

they have a great concept but there are some places you can find online who do custom vintage for at least a little cheaper.

No you shouldn't... Like you said on the next line, there's cheaper places online that sell authentic throwbacks, without buying from places that use cheap labor (for usually extremely poor quality) so you can save a couple bucks on a jersey...

You should say

Until they lower prices, I'll just go without buying the throwbacks.

They have a great concept, but there are some places you can find online, who do custom vintage, for at least a little cheaper. 

(;))

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

No you shouldn't... Like you said on the next line, there's cheaper places online that sell authentic throwbacks without buying from places that use cheap labor (for usually extremely poor quality) so you can save a couple bucks on a jersey... you should say

(;))

should say?

what? control freak much?

sorry sir but I meant what I said.

LOL I wouldnt mind a Ravens first year Testeverde from M&N though

Testaverde_Vinny_Ravens.jpg

8 minutes ago, 1937redskins said:

should say?

what? control freak much?

sorry sir but I meant what I said.

LOL I wouldnt mind a Ravens first year Testeverde from M&N though

Testaverde_Vinny_Ravens.jpg

You are on the wrong site if you are willing to accept the poor quality, and often times inaccurate products produced by counterfeiters and knock offs.

It's not just poor quality, it's endorsing theft. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

You are on the wrong site if you are willing to accept the poor quality, and often times inaccurate products produced by counterfeiters and knock offs.

this site is about uniform history,not consumer preference.

I'm at the right site.

official nfl replica jerseys are made in sweatshops too anyway.

but I do get nostalgic and flip through  M&N

once in a while

The core players of the late 90s/early 2000s Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Sapp, Lynch, Brooks, Dunn, Alstott. Not a Tampa fan, but I really liked those uniforms.

OT: I also think that Tampa team should/could have had more than one Super Bowl appearance.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

The core players of the late 90s/early 2000s Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Sapp, Lynch, Brooks, Dunn, Alstott. Not a Tampa fan, but I really liked those uniforms.

OT: I also think that Tampa team should/could have had more than one Super Bowl appearance.

They could have, if the refs didn't stupidly overturn the Bert Emmanual catch.

Some of these may be available, I didn't feel like checking.

Seattle Pilots Home - Tommy Harper

33507-493005Fr.jpg

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Bucks home

eaef48b49fba32179c57353c00527484.jpg

Willie Ellison - Rams blue and white

4c27ecb028cb106fd17a747f33670b7e.jpg

Lorne Molleken - Toledo Goaldiggers road

s-l225.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

They could have, if the refs didn't stupidly overturn the Bert Emmanual catch.

Well that 99 season NFC title game was obvious. Just seems like that team was built for championship runs, then they got crushed by the Eagles twice in the first round lol.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived