IHL 2017

JCRGraphix

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good start so far. I'm sad that the Moose aren't included in this, but maybe you can come up with an idea for them down the road, either a Manitoba or Minnesota version. 

VHj90kn.png

I'd prefer Generals and Ice!

This thread is awesome as always are your works!

My only concern is about the roadrunner outline. I see your point on doing it  of the same color as the darker brown shadow on the jerseys, but the outline is too close to the roadrunner inside color in my opinion.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Guest darkpiranha

LOVE the Gems.  For obscure reference fun, you should have a fifth jersey where the logo is a hologram.

Saginaw Gears, as Flint was the Generals for most of their IHL existence (tied in with the fact that GM had a huge presence in their city back then)

QPR%20Sig.png

So after hearing what you wanted, I decided to go with the Gears, but with some nods to the Generals and even the Hawks in their branding to tie together the history of hockey in Saginaw. 

That being said, here are the IHL affiliates of the Buffalo Sabres, the Saginaw Gears:

Original Logo:

original.png

Main Logo:

main.png

Main Logo recolored for NHL Affiliate Night:

nhlcolor.png

Secondary Logo:

secondary.png

Original Logo recolored for Valentines Day:

valentineslogo.png

For the uniforms, I wanted something that encompasses years of tradition while still looking modern and relevant. The home, road, and third have the exact same striping, a thing I love using to tie a look together. The sock stripes will go all the way up to the bottom of the knees.

Home uniform:

home.png

Road uniform:

road.png

Third uniform:

third.png

Throwback uniform based on their 1975-76 uniforms:

throwback.png

NHL Affiliate Night uniform:

nhl.png

Valentines Day uniform with the American Heart Association Logo as a shoulder patch:

valentines.png

40 minutes ago, moonwalker said:

I'm loving the Affiliate night jersey. The home/away jerseys have a great design on them, but I feel navy blue would suit it more than black.

It's a dark green. Maybe too dark.

Everything looks great so far! Can't wait for the rest of the series! I also have a suggestion based on something said earlier. The dragon kind of does look a bit like a bird. Dragons "did" have pointy ears in the past, so maybe that could help it's appearance.

On 5/29/2016 at 11:36 AM, JCRGraphix said:

For their uniforms, I used a traditional Hopi (local Native tribe) pattern in a non-conventional sleeve and hem stripe to create a modern look.

Home Uniform:

Home.png

Away Uniform:

Road.png

Third Uniform:

Third.png

Throwback Night based on their 1991-92 uniforms:

Retro.png

NHL Affiliate Night:

NHL.png

Christmas:

Xmas.png

I really like this Roadrunners concept, especially the turquoise. It might be worth considering submitting this to the Coyotes, since they have yet to decide on a name, and Roadrunners is a local favorite suggestion. Great stuff.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Up next are the Salt Lake City Golden Eagles, the current and historical affiliates of the Calgary Flames.

For their design I wanted something modern that also nods to their long-time relationship with the Flames.

Original Logo:

original.png

Main Logo:

main.png

Secondary Logo:

secondary.png

And an amazing photo of their 1969-70 uniforms...

1969.png

Archived