IHL 2017

JCRGraphix

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I love everything about the Solar Bears except the vampire teeth. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one who is not really liking this. This is the only thing that bugs me, everything else is just fine.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

5 hours ago, rattyrattera said:

what's so bad about white pants?

They look like giant diapers while being worn on the ice... 

Exhibit A...

464091130-dwight-king-of-the-los-angeles 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I know it's not, but the bear seems off-center to me. I still like the update and the unis, though.

I was thinking it was just me. Solid set, though I am sad to see the current logo go, it's one of my favorites in the ECHL. If it has to go, though, this is a good replacement!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I think if you lose the teeth, it'll look and feel similar to the grinning bears that the Solar Bears have used... And the logo looks off centered. Maybe lose the suns behind the bears on the jerseys???

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Up next are the Long Beach Ice Dogs. For their design, I wanted to distance them from the bulldog branding since I have another team known as the Bulldogs. I decided to go instead with pit bull branding that seemed appropriate for an LA area team.

Original Logo:

original.png

Main Logo:

main.png

Main Logo recolored for NHL Affiliate Night:

nhlcolors.png

Secondary Logo:

secondary.png

For their uniforms, I went with something simple but modern.

Home Uniform:

home.png

Road Uniform:

road.png

Third Uniform:

third.png

Throwback Uniform based on their 1997-98 uniforms:

throwback.png

NHL Affiliate Night:

nhl.png

Gridiron Classic:

football.png

Thanks again for all the feedback. I really love this community!

Up next are my hometown Kalamazoo Wings. The K-Wing logo is so ingrained in my memory and childhood that I couldn't change it too much. All I did was put the old logo in the same slant as the current one but without the wordmark, and add a slight bevel to add some depth. I used the color scheme from my favorite period of Wings history, when they were affiliated with the North Stars. They are now affiliated with the Minnesota Wild.

Original Logo:

original.png

Main Logo:

main.png

Main Logo recolored for NHL Affiliate Night:

nhlcolor.png

And now for the uniforms:

Home Uniform:

home.png

Road Uniform:

road.png

Third Uniform: