NHL 3rd Jerseys (Predators added 6/30)

Seattle1917

The next team today are the Toronto Maple Leafs. They already wear traditional sweaters, so going with an older throwback would look to similar to a Winter Classic Jersey. We combined the new era (which is very promising!) and one of their former home sweaters. This is technically their road during the 70's but this we felt would work well for them. And yes, I did just make Morgan Rielly captain, can't help it, he is my favorite player. C&C appreciated!

Toronto Maple Leafs Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next we have the Washington Capitals. We wanted a blue third for them, but the stars have been done and kinda feel more literal. We were inspired by the American Flag, and wanted to emulate stripes instead of stars. Please bare with me on the logo- it's a little extreme, but blue looked odd on this sweater, and these are the colours of DC. We included the Winter Classic logo as a shoulder patch. C&C appreciated!

Washington Capitals Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

So I am crunched on time this weekend- two grad parties and finals next week, I am only posting some updates for awhile, then we will get back on track. So I followed advice, and added a white outline to the Sharks jersey logo to make it pop, and I think it looks loads better. I'll try to add one more update tonight. C&C appreciated on both this and the Caps!

DQdYUuA.png

I think you should reverse the colors on the eagle, and why do the socks have a triple stripe when the rest of the uni has double stripes? Also the yolk looks kinda weird extending down to the nameplate. All in all a good concept though I like the red helmet and I really like white yolks on home sweaters.

On 6/9/2016 at 2:53 PM, Seattle1917 said:

Glad you like it. I defintely see your point about the logo, I will probably move that to the shoulder. Sorry, by Kachina, do you mean the throback logo?

Yes, the throwback. I'm a native Arizonan, and a lot of us call the throwback the "Kachina" for the Native American art style it is done in.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

So here is the AZ update. We used the Kachina logo, but changed the colors to current. The face would originally be two colors, but the red got lost in the red jersey, and we thought the all-cream look seemed better. Florida might be up later today, if not then tomorrow. C&C appreciated!

Arizona Coyotes Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

So today we have the Florida Panthers. Navy was a necessity for this third, along with the new leaping panther. We included the same design elements for the placement of logos and numbers, and I have to say, it looks good. I almost prefer the numbers to be on the shoulders- a little bit easier to see than on the upper arm. Anyways, the set here is full of navy, which their new sweaters are lacking. We also used the Detroit SS font, since the current FLA font has not been released. I will post Anaheim update today. Next on deck are the Kings, Flames, Jets update, and Oilers (though might not be in that order). C&C appreciated!

Florida Panthers Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

Winnipeg looks great, I'm dogging the numbers.

Florida looks incredible. My only gripe is the arm logo. I feel like it just busies up an otherwise fantastic concept.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Ok so I am posting this so early since I won't have time tomorrow morning. Here is the St. Louis Blues. For some reason, when we see the roundel logo, both of us think and say 'that needs a chest stripe'. For some reason to us it just works best. So this is sort of a take on their current (possibly former) third jersey. The primary is simplified as the shoulder logo, and we brought back the trumpet logo in current colors on the helmet. C&C appreciated!

St. Louis Blues Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

Ok since no one has replied I will just add the Canucks update to keep this topic up there. We changed to the Skating Johnny logo, and added new stripes based on their current third. Changed their helmet logo, and the shoulder patch is now the Millionaires in white, blue and green. We also changed the font since Agency FB gets a little boring after awhile. Please enjoy and C&C is greatly appreciated!

Vancouver Canucks Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

As promised, the Calgary Flames. We went with black because we could emphasize red, yellow, and white without going full throwback. We jersey logo is recolored along with the primary, which is used as a shoulder patch. We also used the Sharks heritage font to give them a more traditional, easier to read font on the sweater. C&C on all of these so far is appreciated!

Calgary Flames Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

I really like Vancouver, I feel like they should be using JC full-time. I don't have any constructive criticism for Calgary, it's good for what it is. I've just always hated that roundel.

Archived