UEFA Euro 2016 Thread

lopernv

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just say how awful that roof at the Velodrome is?

This is the Velodrome I know. I get it's logistics and keeping the fans out of the hot ass Marseille sun, but I don't know it looked wrong.

3286252006_7a933f58c4_b.jpg

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

7 minutes ago, NEW.ERA said:

Can I just say how awful that roof at the Velodrome is?

This is the Velodrome I know. I get it's logistics and keeping the fans out of the hot ass Marseille sun, but I don't know it looked wrong.

3286252006_7a933f58c4_b.jpg

I'm honestly a fan of the Vélodrome roof. I like that it is kind of out there in design.

From my memory , getting he roof was a condition of being allowed to play Euro games there  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 hours ago, 2001mark said:

England & Russia possibly out of the tourny... terrific.  Just when I was enjoying English footy again.

Results wise:

England historically don't perform well in their first game of the tournament so it's too soon to make any conclusions. Also remember that 4 out of the 6 teams that finish 3rd also advance to the knockout stages.

Fan behaviour wise: (probably your actual point)

Yes, both sets of fans have behaved badly and there should be punishments handed out to both football associations and also to the individuals involved when possible. But UEFA also have to hold their hands up to the fact that the planning hasn't been up to standard. By this, I mean the number of police, stewards and the level of segregation between fans in the stadium. Also, how did a Russian fan get a flare gun into the stadium?

I think the threat of a ban is only being used as a last resort. On the one hand you have English fans getting too drunk and the other hand you have Russian fans taking part in organised hooliganism. Both issues can be dealt with by banning alcohol and keeping fans separate. France as a country definitely has the resources to make this possible.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

5 minutes ago, lopernv said:

I really want Belgium to beat Italy today, mostly because Ciman is on the Belgium NT and Giovinco was (arguably) snubbed off the Italian side.

Personally, im hoping Belgium loses every match they play in.

Michy is a slightly nice story, but I wish him nothing good while playing for Belgium.

5qWs8RS.png

I'm also for Italy. I'm a huge fan of Belgium as a country and the RSC Anderlecht, but I don't really like most players from their squad. Like Hazard or Witsel. And they got too many damn players from Liège. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

12 hours ago, marble21 said:

I think the threat of a ban is only being used as a last resort. On the one hand you have English fans getting too drunk and the other hand you have Russian fans taking part in organised hooliganism. Both issues can be dealt with by banning alcohol and keeping fans separate. France as a country definitely has the resources to make this possible.

I think it was intended as the strongest threat possible, which is fine because now both supporter sides + those of all the rest will be on better behaviour.

I'd be okay if teams had to play in empty stadiums, why should teams be penalized for a handful of chaotic fans.  What if a group of Russians dressed up as English fans & lit the sky on fire to undercut them.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Mark my pessimistic, party-pooping words: France is not winning this tournament. 

At least as long as Deschamps decides to start Griezmann out wide (if he starts him at all)

spacer.png

That was close... for about 89 minutes and 45 seconds, Albania had France where they wanted them: A knock down, drag out brawl with their defense.

France will celebrate tonight, but there are questions going forward. As for Albania... well, they would a win and more then likely three goals against Romania to sniff the Round of 16 as one of the best 3rd place teams, but let's face it... short of two costly mental errors, they've done well.

Just finished watching the game and wow. Stressful. 

Glad to see the home team win for once at the Vélodrome, and hoping the last five minutes lead to better momentum.

That said, Swiss next. Hopefully time to play and build momentum, with advancing already. 

5qWs8RS.png

6 hours ago, 2001mark said:

I've set my alarm, off from work tomorrow, to watch England collapse to a 0-0 draw with Wales.  fml

I'll take that scoreline!

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Archived