It's game night again!

To kick off the Canada Day weekend, Toronto plays the Green Riders at 10 PM Eastern. I'm hoping the Argonauts show up for this one, instead of the "bombers" I saw last week.

Nice for Toronto to get the win last night. Solid defensive effort. And a perfect kickoff to Canada Day for me!:flagcanada:

2 hours ago, Magnus said:

Nice for Toronto to get the win last night. Solid defensive effort. And a perfect kickoff to Canada Day for me!:flagcanada:

Was it Toronto's defense or Durant's rust and uncertainty with all the new receivers. The second half was super frustrating to watch as Durant missed open receivers and watching Steele drop a few easy first down catches out of the backfield. Should've been a different outcome but it was a great road win for the Argos and super disappointing for the Riders. 

Out of curiosity I was wondering how many if any of you out there are playing CFL fantasy.  My friends and I are in our fourth season using what I believe is the only CFL fantasy site called Fantaseh Football.  The sites a little clunky but getting better each year and I suppose beggars can't be choosers .  I know TSN has a fantasy pick em league but to my knowledge they still don't use a traditional player fantasy league. Anyways let me know if you play and/or if there's other sites out there. 

4 hours ago, Totems!! said:

Out of curiosity I was wondering how many if any of you out there are playing CFL fantasy.  My friends and I are in our fourth season using what I believe is the only CFL fantasy site called Fantaseh Football.  The sites a little clunky but getting better each year and I suppose beggars can't be choosers .  I know TSN has a fantasy pick em league but to my knowledge they still don't use a traditional player fantasy league. Anyways let me know if you play and/or if there's other sites out there. 

Not I.  Honestly, if it's not at yahoo sports, I don't play.  I know they're not the heavyweights, yet I've enjoyed seamless time with them for 3-4yrs now.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

20 hours ago, Totems!! said:

I don't play but have always wanted to (I know we have the TNFF here on the boards as well) but I don't know enough people who are into the CFL that much to get a league going. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Yeah it's a struggle for us to keep it at a reasonable 6 team league.  We have four of us that have been consistent from the beginning but we always have two new teams in each season. I grew up watching the CFL in the 80's with my grandpa rooting on his Stamps so I've been a life long fan but I kind of feel like a Canadian Ambassador here in the states trying to get my fellow Americans to follow the CFL which hasn't been the easiest to say the least due to inconsistent TV broadcasting and alot of people crapping on the league since its different and not the almighty NFL.  I have converted three of my friends into true fans though so that's something to hang my hat on. GO RIDERS!!! 

It be nice if the NFL Network might play or at least replay some summer CFL games.  Instead of useless drivel.  Some of their Top 10 shows I see listed circa 2008-12, so they're not even up to speed any more.

@2001mark

1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

It be nice if the NFL Network might play or at least replay some summer CFL games.  Instead of useless drivel.  Some of their Top 10 shows I see listed circa 2008-12, so they're not even up to speed any more.

ESPN owns the CFL rights in the USA. If the NFL got involved, even just showing games, I feel they'd hold the Canadians feet to the fire in some way. ESPN has Thursday night CFL games but that's the only set time frame. Reminds me of the MLS packages up until last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, StaatsBrett said:

Does anyone know if  the  argos played yet  at bmo

Yeah they did for the opening game and it was a beautiful site to see the CFL on good ol' fashioned grass again.  It's been awhile.

Saskatchewan at Edmonton tonight at 7 pm PST on ESPN 2 for the American viewers. It's the return of Chris Jones last years Grey Cup winning Head Coach for the Eskimos who now leads the Riders as HC and GM. You gotta love the CFL. 

There seems to be an abnormal amount of players and coaches jumping teams this year. Every game I've watched 2 to 3 players have been, "returning to the scene of the crime" or something similar. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...

You know, for a supposedly Canadian sports site, I really don't see a lot of love for Canada's second most popular spectator sport.

I'm bumping up the thread to recap the week that was in the CFL, which concludes tonight with Toronto visiting Ottawa. 
Toronto comes into the game with a chance to leap into first place in the East with a win tonight. First-string quarterback Ricky Ray is out 3-6 weeks with an MCL sprain, leaving the helm to Rocklin, CA product and Mid Tennessee State alum Logan Kilgore. Kickoff is at 7:30 tonight.

Elsewhere in the CFL this week, Winnipeg beat Edmonton 30-23, Montreal thumped the Riders 41-3, and Calgary won in a shootout over the Lions, 44-41.

• 3 months later...

Ottawa Redblacks win the 104th Grey Cup.  8-9-1, first regular season losing record to ever win the Eastern 'conference'.

40yr title drought over for Ottawa. 

Please add more teams CFL.

I just want to look at this list for a moment on paper:

Cleveland title drought over.

Ottawa title drought over.

Cubs title drought over.

Leicester City.

@2001mark

Stampeders should have gone for the touchdown to win it in regulation, rather than kicking the chip shot to spin the wheel in overtime. 

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Agreed that the Stamps should have gone for it at the end...I mean c'mon, you've got Jerome Messam back there and you are letting your short yardage quarterback run the ball. That dude (Messam) is like Beastmode of the North.

Looks like they were a bit cocky and overconfident starting things off...lots of deep passes into double coverage by Mitchell.

Archived