Cream Jerseys?

ScoffingYayap

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a few teams' home jerseys look cream this year? I'm specifically talking about the Padres, Mariners, and to a lesser extent the Astros.

Maybe it's just the lighting against the new materials, or maybe it's on purpose. Anyone else?

Here's a comparison for the M's. Couldn't find any good action shots for the Padres, whom I really notice it on. Shows up well in game footage.

1024x1024.jpg

2015:

mlbf_253948483_th_45.jpg

I'm watching the Astros game right now and attended last night. I don't think it's very cream at all. If it looks any different than last year, it's likely due to new LED lighting at Minute Maid Park.

On June 3, 2016 at 7:31 PM, MCM0313 said:

I don't know what ACHA is, but I think those would look better without the covered wagon.

American Collegiate Hockey Association, iirc. Basically, club hockey. There are three different tiers. 

1 hour ago, twi said:

American Collegiate Hockey Association, iirc. Basically, club hockey. There are three different tiers. 

Gotcha, thanks. I suppose a logo of some sort on the front is sort of necessary, then.

On 6/5/2016 at 10:57 PM, MCM0313 said:

Gotcha, thanks. I suppose a logo of some sort on the front is sort of necessary, then.

The schooner is a underutilized mark at Oklahoma.  In fact I'm not sure it's getting used anywhere by any team (and likely hasn't in decades) because everything uses either scripts of various types or the "paperclip OU"...  the only other iconography used recently has been the wagon wheel on the waistbands of the basketball uniforms. (see below)

I agree that the execution wasn't that good here.  I think replacing the white in the logo with cream would have helped.  The other possibility would have been to junk the cream and make the uniform white.  I think the uniform would have looked better either way.  They also needed a crimson version of the jersey with the white (or cream, as appropriate) schooner... but those weren't my decisions to make.

buddy-hield-josh-hart-ncaa-basketball-final-four-villanova-vs-oklahoma.jpg

QQZFOVWWWQACHWW.20151223114720.jpg

SITLUUTQBEPAZLX.20130611171205.jpeg

Yeah, I'm confused about what point is trying to be made with the link.  The Mariners have two home jerseys: a white (navy-based) and a cream (royal based).  They are both in the uniform progression pic in the link.

Archived