Southern World Cup of Hockey

raysox

Being from Florida, which is a hockey market, I think 30 degrees North is a good mark of where climates are cold enough to play hockey. If you look at all the hockey power houses, they all are north of this line.

Map1.png

But I believe there is a whole untapped hockey market, using 30 degrees South! There are 6 nations that are reasonably south of this line of latitude.

Map2.png

So I present to you, the Southern World Cup of Hockey! Here is the logo I made.

World_Cup_of_Hockey_2016_small_logo.png

Here are the 6 teams that compete in the games, which take place in their Summer.

Argentina-01.png

Australia-01.png

Chile-01.png

New%2BZealand-01.png

SouthAfrica-01.png

Uruguay-01.png

(Thank you to McElroy for the template, because I didn't have to do the pants)

15 minutes ago, TheLogoManiac13 said:

Anyone else realize how he just flipped the original World Cup of Hockey logo around?

Don't say it is the logo you made if

you didn't make it.

whoosh

Midway.png

On 6/3/2016 at 7:35 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

Where is Mexico 

Between 30 degrees north and 30 degrees south, along with most of Africa and South Asia.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Hahah, thanks for the kind words everyone. I wanted to do these for a long time, but the longer I waited, the more fun I was bound to have making it. Hope you guys didn't mind a little tongue and cheek. I'll admit I didn't try too hard on the crests due to the real WCH crests being simple versions of the country's crest.

Also Brazil is a little under the 30 degree line, but Lesotho and Brazil really weren't on my list to do. Maybe in the future!

All-Blacks! wait that is rugby team.... oh yeah All-White..... No that is the soccer...... IronBlacks! shoot that was the american football team....... it is the ice hock..... wait... I got it! Ice Blacks! or Frost Blacks? i dunno if there is ever a nickname for the ice hockey team? 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

2 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

All-Blacks! wait that is rugby team.... oh yeah All-White..... No that is the soccer...... IronBlacks! shoot that was the american football team....... it is the ice hock..... wait... I got it! Ice Blacks! or Frost Blacks? i dunno if there is ever a nickname for the ice hockey team? 

Ice Blacks is pure genius!

BTW they do are called the Ice Blacks..

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 4 weeks later...

Archived