Sign in to follow this  
TVIXX

NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

4 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon going with their apple greens at home tonight, likely because Valparaiso is wearing their yellow away uniforms.  Main difference these have from the retail versions are the O on the waistband and the black stripe going up the sides of the shorts and jerseys.  Kinda odd that those two versions differ so much from one another.

Cxf-EaaVIAEznLM.jpg

I believe the stripe is actually forest green, but I agree that the discrepancies between these and the retail version is odd. Still wouldn't shock me if they had two separate green sets, though.

Bu even the retail version of the uniforms they're wearing tonight has the Duck head on the waistband, not the O logo.  It's almost like they changed what they wanted on the game uniforms but forgot to change the retail version so it'd match.

So I guess Marquette even has a 5th jersey this year.  They played the way they looked tonight so hopefully this set doesn't see the light of day again.

15027759_988656527944641_777808901503006

KU is wearing the Armed Forces Classic uniform against Siena. Strange, as I thought those were a one-off. Hopefully those aren't apart of the regular rotation, as the  lack of red really kills these jerseys.

Don't have any pics but Oregon is debuting their new yellow uniforms right now against Georgetown. Probably my favorite of the new set so far.

The first ACC tournament logo of the Brooklyn era is up:

Cx4eiQzXUAA3WkG.jpg

Unlike a lot of Barclays Center events, it emphasizes NYC over Brooklyn in its branding.

The incorporation of the sponsor logo is super clunky...

Oregon is wearing some new white uniforms today with black and silver trim. A silver and black duck head logo is placed on the chest instead of a wordmark. 

Edit: Here's a screenshot:

IMG_2578.JPG

I don't watch much college basketball, but the uniform template Syracuse wore last year in the Tourney is awful and I hate seeing that Florida is wearing that same template now as well. 

6 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

New court design for the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.

636160384438745845-domeFloor-2289.jpg

Oh good God.... 

On 11/30/2016 at 11:06 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

New court design for the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.

636160384438745845-domeFloor-2289.jpg

I hope they finish putting on the varnish before they play an actual game.

21 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't even recognize Marquette anymore; those uniforms are a joke.

I think these would look a lot better if they would have kept the same block side panels as they had on the last set.  This new template isn't helping matters either. 

Here's a better look at Oregon's white uniforms, which the Ducks will be wearing for the second time tonight:

IMG_2602.PNG

Oregon is debuting a second new yellow set today against Alabama. This one features green trim and "Fighting Ducks" as the wordmark. This set also doesn't feature the wings on the shorts.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon is debuting a second new yellow set today against Alabama. This one features green trim and "Fighting Ducks" as the wordmark. This set also doesn't feature the wings on the shorts.

They actually look pretty good but I think they'd be even better with the wings on them.  Hopefully they'll be getting another white set that actually has green and/or yellow on them.

15493422_10154858154089706_8871247353276

In addition to Duke releasing a new white Vapor version of its 2014 and 2015 fauxbacks (Vapor system plus Nike Platinum Elite medallion on neckline and "D" on waistband now) worn against Michigan State and Florida, there is an updated blue version as well it appears:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzgHNI4XcAI1T30.jpg:large

So, Duke has at least 3 white, 3 to 4 blue and one black uniform, plus the annual one offs that will show up in February.