NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Well, here they are.  Not bad at all.

14612452_958348124308815_316784038904545

(Palm in forehead) they look like very neat practice jerseys, but my goodness if they wear them on the court, they will look ridiculous.  Wish Marquette would have kept the older look, or put the school name on top of the jersey above the numbers like all schools do, instead of overdoing it to make it look neat for their own good.

37 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

(Palm in forehead) they look like very neat practice jerseys, but my goodness if they wear them on the court, they will look ridiculous.  Wish Marquette would have kept the older look, or put the school name on top of the jersey above the numbers like all schools do, instead of overdoing it to make it look neat for their own good.

The won their championship in 1977 wearing the wordmark below the number, so this is not unprecedented for Marquette.

13 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

I loathe these. 

A shame, their prior look was a tweak or two away from being perfect.

I don't know...the color blocked side panels and that wordmark were feeling stale to me.  It was time for a new set.

34 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

What's with the horizontal pinstripes?  They don't really go well with the horizontal stripes on the side panels.  Plus, the detailing on the waistband doesn't look that great.

The horizontal stripes are a nod to the old bumble bee uniforms.  I'm obviously in the huge minority that likes these so far, but I will say I'm not sure what the pattern on the waistband is supposed to be.  That's the only part that doesn't look good to me.

tumblr_m0bz6vyMpe1r21vxto1_500.jpg

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

And now here's a look at all of Arizona's new uniforms for this season:

CubJ3bsUsAAtbTI.jpg

Can't say I'm really a fan of any of them. Their last set was nearly perfect and now this new set is a significant downgrade. 

The inclusion of the gradient on their base uniforms just looks awful.  The incorporation of copper isn't nearly done nearly as well as football, which looks better because they're able to do a helmet versus changing the uniform.  An earlier poster said there'd be 8 uniforms this season so I'd assume the final one that was unveiled today is the USS Arizona tribute.

Judging by those Arizona unis, looks like piping is returning. Sigh, piping should be left in the early 00s. 

Other than the piping, I am actually a big fan of these. Arizona's use of gradient is not too overdone, which is nice. Although, they need to trim down how many unis they have, 8 uniforms is overkill in a season, especially when 3 are white.

2 hours ago, rickyISking said:

Judging by those Arizona unis, looks like piping is returning. Sigh, piping should be left in the early 00s. 

Other than the piping, I am actually a big fan of these. Arizona's use of gradient is not too overdone, which is nice. Although, they need to trim done how many unis they have, 8 uniforms is overkill in a season, especially when 3 are white.

That piping seems to be the go-to design element for this current Nike template.

As for the amount of uniforms, I agree that it doesn't really fit Arizona's program to do that.

Archived