NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that jersey cut just ruins the whole look.  The jumpman logo should have been moved up a little bit to allow the wordmark to breathe a little bit.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/11/2016 at 2:34 PM, upperV03 said:

UNC also going with the new Nike template this year:

IMG_2333.PNGIMG_2334.PNGIMG_2335.PNG

Can't wait until they add the NCAA patch for the Tourney. So the front will have 5 patches, two wordmarks and numbers. Is it really necessary to have that much stuff on the front of a jersey?

I'm all for being patriotic, but the USA flag isn't needed. Aren't the Big East and ACC the only D1 conferences that do this? I'd be happy if all teams wore just the manufacturers logo and conference logo on the front. If a team makes the tournament or Final Four, add the patch above the conference logo.

8 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Runnin Utes basketball uni's will feature the 3rd different mountain incarnation since the move to UA. It's starting to become a tradition to see all the weird ways UA can render a mountain

Pretty good, I think.

33 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I don't think anything is actually too far down. I think the lack of collar/armhole trim makes everything look like it's too far down.

It's also the thinner shoulder area...this look from last year was way better, and allowed for the logos to be placed higher.  Note how the collar logo in the pic below is all the way up and not an inch below the v.  This year, everything is pushed down just a little bit, and the new uni looks terrible.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ50vzG5Dk5ec8WA4JoNmF

I know i'm in the minority here, but i really like that new Nike template. Baggy clothes in general have slowly been getting phased out the past decade or so. Overall it looks neater imo. Although the back of the jersey is definitely just a bit too compact. Last names will definitely be an issue if they don't adjust, esp for the NBA. 

On 10/13/2016 at 1:35 PM, roxfan00 said:

New court for the University of Denver.

14693688_199739257116430_415096365681475584_n.jpg

I actually got season tickets for Denver MBB this year, I'm looking forward to checking out the court in person. It does look a little busy from this angle but I'm hopeful for how it will look in person...

1 hour ago, MarsHotel said:

Marquette's new home uni:

14718751_967396326737328_844837659885812

This is extremely dissappointing. They have such a beautiful color scheme so to only use white and navy, while also adding grey, is a huge mistake IMO. I wasn't a huge fan of the road uniforms either but I did like how the thicker sublimated stripes looked on the navy background, and I liked the combination of navy and yellow. But I'm not sold on these home uniforms at all. This set is quickly becoming more and more of a downgrade from the nearly perfect previous set. And here's the shorts btw:

IMG_2371.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Hopefully a powder blue alt set as well. 

I'm sure we'll still see a gold and powder blue set.  I think the navy set is pretty good, but this white home set, not so much.  It gives off a Penn State vibe to me so a little more gold would have helped a lot.

Archived