Japanese J-League Team Rebrands (6/6 CONSADOLE SAPPORO)

Moom

Hey guys! I've been working on rebranding a few teams in the Japanese top-flight, the J-League, and i'd love to share them with you! 

The first one I completed was for the Urawa Red Diamonds, or just Urawa Reds. They're Japan's most popular team and they, like mostly all the other teams, haven't updated their logo in ages. For the most commercialized team, I thought a rebranding to something more accessible would be in order. The first version is a scripted variant, and the second is the standard english. Let me know what you think of this one! 

URAZXWA.png

urawasolo.png

My main trade is kit/uniform design, so I may post a few along with the logos if I have time, but the focus is the logos! Wouldn't change much about their uniform styles either.

thanks!

2 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Aye, this is pretty nice. Took a bulky, outdated design, used the key elements and made it a lot better. I’m a fan.

Side note: Why are most sports team names written in English, not Japanese? I’ve never understood that.

hey, thanks! appreciate that.

Also, i'm not sure, but i'd guess maybe because it just seems internationally appropriate/normal. When the teams were formed in the 90's, it was a very capitalistic and popular time for football, and I guess using the European-centric themes were a method of putting the J-League "on-par", so to speak. 

I think its more that they're preferred to be written in alphabetical script rather than Kanji/katakana. Some teams have completely made-up romanized words. "Consadole" Sapporo is one of them. It just seems non-Japanese and cool to them, maybe!

18 hours ago, FORTTE said:

J-LEAGUE!! WOO-HOO! :D:D I like both versions. Can't wait for the next update.

thank you! nice to see J-league fans.

Here's my next one, which admittedly was completed last week but has gone over a few changes. 

SHIMIZU S-PULSE , SHIZUOKA 

shimizu_S_Pulse_rebranding_moomdesigns.png

For this logo, I've tried many different things to call back to the original, but stylize them more than the Urawa one.  I simplified the shape to a circle, or in another way, just removed the outer shield. Shimizu's big thing is the Globe motif; their legendary kits from years past were sponsored by Japan Airlines, and featured world maps, much like the one in their current logo. In the center of mine, its still "earth", just stylized with white "clouds" , which they themselves are done in the style of the "S", WHICH IT ITSELF IS a callback to the red dots in the original. hhuuu. Let me know what you think! 

Shimizu_S_Pulse_Rebrand_Crest2.png

Also heres a little goodie, its a shirt. Yes its an eyesore, its supposed to be. And yes it looks like a slice of pizza. Its branded by my semi-fictitious sportswear label Astro, and features a bunch of little globes instead of one big one. 

Shimizu_S_Pulse_Rebrand_Crest.png

thanks!

WOW! This is an amazing t-shirt template! And yeah, this is a pizza-shirt but, it's common in J-League some of "eyesore" kits sometimes.. But, it's a great job! I'll start to follow you on IG right now.

7 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

Yes! Moom is back! I missed stuff like this.

Can't wait to see some of the other teams. You thinking of doing some non-J League teams later?

hey! yes, I will be doing other teams sometime soon.

3 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Don't J-League jerseys have numbers in front?

yep! I love it, have a few of them. Didnt put them on this jersey because it was just to show the crest, and also because im cheating, neither blue or white looked good.

Heres a bigger overhaul. This is Consadole Sapporo, the only team up north in Hokkaido. The Blakiston Fish Owl redraw is a bit inspired by the art/tattoo style of the Ainu, the indigenous people of Hokkaido. They had a special relationship with the wilderness, especially the Blakiston. 

In other details, the new owl is wearing a scarf because its cold there, and why not right? I also changed the blue to a more indigo color found on the Hokkaido prefecture flag. Let me know what you think! 

HOKKAIDO CONSADOLE SAPPORO

Consadole_Sapporo_logo_crest_rebrand.png

Consadole_Sapporo_logo_crest_rebrand_2.png

On 6/14/2016 at 8:19 AM, New York's Greatest said:

I find the choice of roundels interesting due half the population hating them while the other half love'em or are indifferent

Well I hate them for anything not soccer. NBA teams doing them isn't my cup of tea, but in the world of soccer I believe they're more of a staple and not a trend

3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

WOW one of my favorite soccer concepts

Thanks dawg! Which one?

Archived