Lights Out's NHL: Golden Knights, Capitals, and Jets Winter Classic (p. 5)

Lights Out

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Vancouver is brown, teal and red; Arizona is copper, turquoise and sand.

Copper : brown, meh really close, no other major league team has a color scheme similar to that scheme and the nhl having two brownish and bright blueish schemes is kinda unbelievable but other wise good job

Excellent!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The home and road jerseys are a bit too experimental for my taste. And while the lighthouse logo is great, it's not good enough for a primary logo.

I'd make the entire set off of the orange jersey, The only things I'd change would be to put the lighthouse on the shoulders, and nix the "BKLYN" logo for the 'NY' or current logo.

I didn't like the uniforms from the navy blue era (aka the post toothpaste era) which some features were used for this and putting the lighthouse as a primary is just wrong. It was meant to be a alt. 3.4/10

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

Using the yoke from the old third jersey, as its currently placed, looks like his head is exploding, a ghost is leaking out of the top of his head, or it's the strangest thought bubble I've ever seen. On its own, I'm sure it looks fine, but in the current placement, it looks a bit funny.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Bringing this back with two more teams:

ottawasenatorszhsws.png

For the Sens, I decided to challenge myself on the home and road by seeing if their old third-jersey template could be redeemed. I think I've done it. On the alternate, I've tried to make a barberpole effect on the sleeves using the laurel-leaf striping as a modern tribute to the old Senators.

stlouisblues1ts6e.png

The striping on the Blues' home and road is inspired by the Gateway Arch. The third is based on an old prototype design they never ended up using. For the captain's C, I used the common-time symbol from musical notation.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That is some crazy-ass striping. I can't tell if I like it or not.

Where do I start? The Sens are the most out-there, or at least the alternate is. I don't want to jump out and call them terrible, because they're not, they're just different. Really, really different.

The Blues, on the other hand, are just bad. The creativity and idea behind them is really solid, but vertical stripes like this just don't work in hockey, imo. The alternate is good, though, and I surprisingly like the slanted shoulder yoke.

Original Six purists, avert your eyes:

DDzdrFb.png

For the Bruins, I swapped out black for dark brown and repurposed an old Brown University hockey crest from the '70s as their new primary logo. IMO, this logo was simply too brilliant not to use. The home and road uniforms are based on their pre-Edge set, which is my personal favorite, but I tried to make it more consistent. The classic Spoked B is relegated to a gold alternate sweater based on a concept I made years ago (which in turn was based on a @Discrimihater concept from ages ago).

K8cdnOs.png

I will never understand all the love for the Blackhawks' uniforms. I really dislike both the mismatched striping and the fact that the Blackhawks wear red at home. I even think the crest is overly detailed and needs to be cleaned up, but I haven't done that here because I lack the skills to do it right. (My ideal update would be along the lines of the third logo in this concept by @undead, in case anyone's curious.) Aside from that, I tried to fix everything I dislike about the current set while still keeping it old-school. The third is based on their look from the '20s and '30s, albeit greatly simplified.

xLmjWVv.png

As has been repeated many times before, the black in the Blackhawks' name doesn't refer to the color. You've over-complicated what was already a perfect design. The Hawks don't need all of those stripes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

9 hours ago, CRichardson said:

As has been repeated many times before, the black in the Blackhawks' name doesn't refer to the color. You've over-complicated what was already a perfect design. The Hawks don't need all of those stripes.

I agree.  The Blackhawks have arguably the best jerseys in hockey, if not all of sports.  And the name is a reference to a prominent Native American figure in Illinois and a reference to the 86th Infanty division in World War 1 that was commanded by the owner of their first two decades.. The colors, red and white just works i guess.  

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Hopefully this next batch of concepts will be more popular.

bt6OBl1.png

For the Wild, I brought back their inaugural set (IMO, the best they've ever looked) with a couple tweaks. I adjusted the yoke on the front to make it match the jagged contours of their logo. I used their full color scheme, made the road sweater vintage white, and gave them a matching red third. Their current identity is a complete mess, but I think this gives them some much-needed consistency.

DQRoCwB.png

The Devils have a fine look as it is, but I tried to modernize it a bit without changing it too much. I added even more black to the mix and also worked in some green trim here and there as a reference to their original identity. I also gave them a black third with devil-horn-inspired striping.

xLmjWVv.png

I'm not sure if I like the green on the jersey. What if you took away the black border on it and just let the green hit the main color?

The thirds are cool though, maybe use a red or green collar to give it a little more color. Nice job!

Archived