New Columbus Cottonmouths Logo (SPHL)

SnakesFan

It's a huge upgrade (albeit a tad generic), and looks to put them near the top of their league's brandings. Excited to see the rest.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, SnakesFan said:

image.jpeg

The more I look at this the less I like it. The perspective is off, which you can really see in the nostrils area. Also, aren't cottonmouths supposed to have a bright white mouth? Hence the name? Overall it is in the right direction from what they had, but seems kinda half-@$$ed IMO.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

It's better than what they had, but it's still pretty unpleasant. Also, they changed the snake jersey numbers last season from the old St. Louis Vipers font to a near-illegible knockoff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The old one had too much history associated with it...this is TECHNICALLY a better design, but I'm not giving this five years for nostalgic reasons.

bYhYmxh.png

Overall it is a mostly solid look, especially at first glance, but sometimes I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist so I wouldn't have to notice all the small details. I agree with Hettinger about the perspective on the nostrils being off. The word mark also has some areas of inconsistent spacing, and the thick blue outline on the letters doesn't fit with the outline-less snake. Again, it is a big upgrade. To the average fan it'll do, but I still think it could benefit from one final round of touch-ups.

7 hours ago, SnakesFan said:
  • Is this the best logo in the Sphl 

IMO, not by a long shot. I think that goes to Pensacola.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

14 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

IMO, not by a long shot. I think that goes to Pensacola.

I can agree with that. My top three would be Pensy, Mississippi (bias alert!), and Huntsville. Peoria's look is pretty solid, too.

I think the main thing I dislike about Columbus' new look is that they've abandoned green. One reason we (RiverKings) changed from green to black & gold was because both the Snakes and Gators used it. Now that Columbus dropped it (and Louisiana is inactive for a year), there is no green in the league. Columbus could've owned it in the SPHL.

15 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

?format=750w

Previews of alt logos

So we have a "Snakes" script plus the water tower mark The Barn had in their sketches. Looks like some neat art; can't wait to see how they utilize it.

Archived