Farewell Mr. Hockey

LMU

RIP Mr. Hockey, man this sucks. The man is a legend & this truly is a sad day for all hockey fans today.

Its not everyday you see a special hat trick named after you & I hope to see a lot of Gordie Howe Hat Tricks next season.

baltimoreravens.png

13346564_10154155761810120_3458376288301692394_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It was a matter of time, but still need to take a minute and appreciate this guy. 

Played for the Red Wings from 1946-1971 most of the time spent in a league that only had 6 teams. 

Scored 549 pro hockey points after retiring and being inducted into the hall of fame

played 80 games for the Whalers at age 51. Scored 41 points that year

Got in a real fight during an all-star game

The only notable ambidextrous player ever, the way he could play on both sides still blows my mind

All time points leader at retirement

He could score, he could hit (and I mean HIT), he could pass, he could fight, the model for many of the players in the NHL today

Ironman of all ironmen

There will never be another like him

RIP Gordie

Archived