Oldschoolvikings NFL Concepts - Added new Chargers, 12/21/16

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid division. Jets color rush could use some work, I say get rid of green and swap that with the alternate. Pats unis are nice, they fix a lot of things and I like the new striping. Love the TNF uniform, but I (probably biased here) would love to see a throwback to the overly-huge Flying Elvis on the shoulders.

4 hours ago, llfhockey said:

Tumbs down for the navy Bills logo which is basically the only change :P

Assume you mean the only change other than the completely new Color Rush uniform,and the relatively new alt? ;)

The reason I did very little to the Bills' primary home and road is because it really doesn't need much.  They did a pretty good job a few years back.  That said, I actually did quite a few subtle changes, which might be hard to see at a glance. Here's what's different...

billfinal_zpsn4ifuttc.png

1.  The helmet stripe stays one basic width all the way back.  The widening stripe is just a bit too clever and unnecessary IMO.

2. The contrasting collar is gone.  It was a huge improvement when the dumped the toilet seat version, but better still, just get rid of it.

3. The order of the colors of the number outlines are flipped on the road jersey.  This way the color pattern is consistent through-out the home and road jerseys, stripes, numbers, everything... white, then red, then navy, then royal.

4.  I got rid of the logos on the hip and above the NOB.  Unnecessary.

5.  Fixed the sock stripes... so there is always a contrast between the pants and socks, and so the sock stripes match the jersey stripes.

To me, this makes the Bills uniform pretty much perfect.  (Unless you let me lose the navy... then we'd really have something.)

3 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Solid division. Jets color rush could use some work, I say get rid of green and swap that with the alternate. Pats unis are nice, they fix a lot of things and I like the new striping. Love the TNF uniform, but I (probably biased here) would love to see a throwback to the overly-huge Flying Elvis on the shoulders.

The Jets (and Colts) create some Alt issues, since they neither have a secondary (non-white) color.  And I just wanted to use a mash up of the Jets current and the NY Titans throwback for the Color Rush... just seemed like too much fun to pass up.  That left me with the mono-chrome as an alt.  Kinda lame, I agree.

And that Patriots uniform is one of my favorite concepts ever, primary home and road, at least.  I thought about using one of the royal blue jerseys as a throwback/alt (personally, I'm not a fan of the giant shoulder-elvii) but I honestly couldn't see the Patriots ever considering any of those 90's looks "worthy" of throwback status. And I thought the idea of going royal blue with those silly red numbers just fit the Color Rush nonsense too well.

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Assume you mean the only change other than the completely new Color Rush uniform,and the relatively new alt? ;)

The reason I did very little to the Bills' primary home and road is because it really doesn't need much.  They did a pretty good job a few years back.  That said, I actually did quite a few subtle changes, which might be hard to see at a glance. Here's what's different...

billfinal_zpsn4ifuttc.png

1.  The helmet stripe stays one basic width all the way back.  The widening stripe is just a bit too clever and unnecessary IMO.

2. The contrasting collar is gone.  It was a huge improvement when the dumped the toilet seat version, but better still, just get rid of it.

3. The order of the colors of the number outlines are flipped on the road jersey.  This way the color pattern is consistent through-out the home and road jerseys, stripes, numbers, everything... white, then red, then navy, then royal.

4.  I got rid of the logos on the hip and above the NOB.  Unnecessary.

5.  Fixed the sock stripes... so there is always a contrast between the pants and socks, and so the sock stripes match the jersey stripes.

To me, this makes the Bills uniform pretty much perfect.  (Unless you let me lose the navy... then we'd really have something.)

That TNF jersey is just way too Chicago Bears.

I earlier said that I didn't like kelly green for the Eagles... However, I love the Seahawks in kelly green! It fits them so perfectly (and if this was real, we wouldn't have to worry about a possible puke green color rush! Unfortunely it's not :()

ExJworW.png

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I earlier said that I didn't like kelly green for the Eagles... However, I love the Seahawks in kelly green! It fits them so perfectly (and if this was real, we wouldn't have to worry about a possible puke green color rush! Unfortunely it's not :()

My NFL would have kelly green everywhere.  I know some would say that three teams are too many, but there are more than 3 navy blue teams, more than 3 royal blue, why not three kelly green teams?  It's a gorgeous color.

eagfinal_zpsoeqjn93k.png

seahfinal_zpswjdvnrlb.png

JETSFINAL_zpsjdmrgdfx.png

All four of these look great, my only real complaint is silver/gray for the Texans, it just looks off to me. However I still really like what you've done with them; do you think you could make an update where the silver is switched for white?

9 hours ago, BenD said:

All four of these look great, my only real complaint is silver/gray for the Texans, it just looks off to me. However I still really like what you've done with them; do you think you could make an update where the silver is switched for white?

Yeah, I know this is a pretty big departure for the Texans.  Not just the silver helmet and pants, but switching from navy to red as the primary jersey.

texfinal_zpsuvbnzwxk.png

For a long time, I was a pretty big fan of Houston's overall look. Love the logo, liked the restraint they showed considering the uniforms that were being designed at the time.  I think I started to sour on it when they stopped wearing the red socks with the navy pants.  It might seem like a small thing to some, but to me it really torpedoed the road look completely, which made me dislike even the home uniform, oddly.  Also, the all "battle red" uniforms are nauseating. They don't currently have a terrible look, by any means... there are too many recently debuted monstrosities to put them in the bottom ten... but I just feel that they could use a serious refresh.

That said, being a lifelong fan and graduate of the Ohio State University, I always thought it was strange no NFL team ever tried out the scarlet (red) and gray (silver) combination, because it looks so amazing.

211.jpg

The closest any team ever got was the Falcons during late 70's/early 80's.  At that same time, oddly enough, there were three USFL teams who tried it out...

blitzrun.jpgcf55344615290ea654c6e26a1dafe4f8.jpg1294-99.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F13A1F9

Hell, the Tampa Bay Bandits probably should have paid the Buckeyes a royalty!

That said, I might give your suggestion a try... I'm sure the white helmet would look sharp. In fact IIRC, it was what the Texans originally planned, or at least considered.

texans%20proto.jpg

The early 49ers were Red and Silver upto 1963.

1963_SanFrancisco.png

I like these concepts. I am a little biased against the Texans look because it looks a little like Ohio State (I was born a Michigan fan). Although I don't think switching the shading on the Titan's T logo from silver or light gray to light blue works. It looks off to me, the blue creates a much harder edge than the gray/silver did.

As an aside, I liked the Jaguars helmets that they used from 2009 to 2013 that where black, but reflected teal. It was something that differentiated their helmets from other black or dark colored helmets.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

17 hours ago, BenD said:

Ok, here's the same basic uniform with the gray/silver removed.  Anybody have a preference?

texfinal2_zpspblel2ai.png

On 6/16/2016 at 9:43 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Here's the NFC South.  This is the first time I've really made some major changes, since IMO this division has some rather poor looks.  The Falcons' and Bucs' current looks are in my bottom five, and the Saints subject us to that horrific leotard.  The Panthers aren't terrible, but to me, more than a bit overrated.

saintfinal_zpsdhnzhk0s.png

falcfinal_zpstg7p9dxo.png

panthfinal_zps9nfxhoeo.png

bucfinal_zpsgrr0bdqo.png

The New Orleans Saints looks like their 1976-1985 look where the away was gold helmets, white jerseys, and black pants. I like that a lot from back in the day.

I like Atlanta's 1978-1989 uniforms. ^_^

Panther's road is better with black pants and azure blue socks.

Tampa Bay's colors from 1997 til now is a mess. Pewter, red, orange, grey chrome, black, and white. Damn!!! Why not just use pewter, red, black, and white. Make the helmet have the brandisher stripes similar to the Cowboys, Packers, Browns, 49ers, and Saints helmets!

Archived