Oldschoolvikings NFL Concepts - Added new Chargers, 12/21/16

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, adam__cain said:

I prefer the white, just look much cleaner, and the unis pop more against the white than the silver. 

3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Like the white helmet for Texans, the other one reminds me of the pats

Ok... Looking at both I think I agree.  The white works better for them. I was forcing the gray.

On 6/25/2016 at 11:45 AM, Lights Out said:

I don't find the Skins' helmet stripe particularly strange at all. It's just a recolored version of the helmet stripe that Virginia used in their glory days.

wUyaJdU.jpg

I think you and I may be the only two people who remember that.  And I really think we're the only two people who like it.

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think you and I may be the only two people who remember that.  And I really think we're the only two people who like it.

I watched a lot of games with UVA wearing that uniform.  I never cared for the helmet as I felt it looked incomplete both with the striping and lack of logo.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Broncos - if you're going with navy and royal, i think this is a good set. but comparing those unis with the throwback, that royal and orange just looks so clean and bright. id vote to remove navy altogether here. but otherwise, al the elements fit well with each other. 

Raiders - pretty much the same thing i would do here. nothing. i like that color rush uni, if you have to have a color rush uni

Chargers - i dont think i would like the bolt on the jerseys here. i think that has to wrap around the sleeve rather than placed on the front. the colors are great though of course. id be concerned about the readability of the color rush numbers. i say make those yellow

Chiefs - i see what you're geting at with removing black from the logo, but seeing it like this i think you can really see why it needs black. or. maybe it should just be red and white? theres just too much yellow and white here and the logo loses definition and has a weird "glowing" look to it. uniforms look great though

Bengals - i wouldnt do a straight pants stripe here. i think whats really right about the current uni is that all the stripes taper and seem to flow around the body really well. theres a sense of movement in every element, and right now the helmet and jersey are doing that here, but the pants stripe looks out of place a bit. 

Ravens - really like this one at first glance, but the jersey looks like a Jaguars copy, especially with that number font. i would suggest changing that font to anything else and this one is one of the better ones of the whole group i think. just dropping the B in the primary logo does wonders for this uniform, 

Steelers - id probably do the same thing to the Steelers here too. actually, i wouldnt mind a gray mask on this one and if you wanted to Nike-fy it a little, make that mask dark silver, like steel. the bat-wing jersey isnt my favorite ever but i think its a good choice here just because its so unique. 

Browns - the reduction in stripe width does wonders for the hierarchy of the whole uniform here. i like that and the color rush uni is great. nothing really needs to change here, but as personal preference id rather do away with the large Cleveland mark

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

4 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

Broncos - if you're going with navy and royal, i think this is a good set. but comparing those unis with the throwback, that royal and orange just looks so clean and bright. id vote to remove navy altogether here. but otherwise, al the elements fit well with each other. 

Raiders - pretty much the same thing i would do here. nothing. i like that color rush uni, if you have to have a color rush uni

Chargers - i dont think i would like the bolt on the jerseys here. i think that has to wrap around the sleeve rather than placed on the front. the colors are great though of course. id be concerned about the readability of the color rush numbers. i say make those yellow

Chiefs - i see what you're geting at with removing black from the logo, but seeing it like this i think you can really see why it needs black. or. maybe it should just be red and white? theres just too much yellow and white here and the logo loses definition and has a weird "glowing" look to it. uniforms look great though

Bengals - i wouldnt do a straight pants stripe here. i think whats really right about the current uni is that all the stripes taper and seem to flow around the body really well. theres a sense of movement in every element, and right now the helmet and jersey are doing that here, but the pants stripe looks out of place a bit. 

Ravens - really like this one at first glance, but the jersey looks like a Jaguars copy, especially with that number font. i would suggest changing that font to anything else and this one is one of the better ones of the whole group i think. just dropping the B in the primary logo does wonders for this uniform, 

Steelers - id probably do the same thing to the Steelers here too. actually, i wouldnt mind a gray mask on this one and if you wanted to Nike-fy it a little, make that mask dark silver, like steel. the bat-wing jersey isnt my favorite ever but i think its a good choice here just because its so unique. 

Browns - the reduction in stripe width does wonders for the hierarchy of the whole uniform here. i like that and the color rush uni is great. nothing really needs to change here, but as personal preference id rather do away with the large Cleveland mark

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind dropping the navy from Denver, too (love how the throwback turned out) but I can't seem to make the logo work without it.  Maybe keep it logo only?

And I see your point about the Ravens' number font looking Jaguarish... especially in gold.  I'll try to rework the numbers there. I was really surprised and happy with what a difference that simple change made on the logo, too.

All of these are pretty solid, my only real complaints are the white in the bengals pants stripe and the lack of orange on the Broncos road uniform. I think you've posted it before but that chargers set is sweet, also on the Chiefs is that the Astros number font?

1 hour ago, BenD said:

All of these are pretty solid, my only real complaints are the white in the bengals pants stripe and the lack of orange on the Broncos road uniform. I think you've posted it before but that chargers set is sweet, also on the Chiefs is that the Astros number font?

You got me.

28 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

There are a lot of colored numbers on colored jerseys that tremendously hurt their looks.. Fix those and several will improve dramatically

I think I've mostly done color numbers on color jerseys for Color Rush (and a few alts), and those things seem like it might be OK to go a little ugly... the monochrome makes them ugly anyway.

• 5 months later...
On 6/12/2016 at 8:45 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Updating...

Here is everybody's favorite division, the NFC North.  Obviously, there is very little change needed for the Vikings, Packers, and Bears... all top tier NFL uniforms, although I did have fun working with their throwbacks and color rush looks. The Lions get a little more of a fix... this is a uniform I recently came up with and like quite a bit.  Feedback appreciated.

VIKEFINAL_zpsss8gufrc.pngbearfinal_zpsn2g2vs5u.pnggbfinal_zpswlxqt0kc.pnglionfinal_zpsipjuavs3.png

I LOVE the Bears' current throwbacks, with the plain navy blue helmets and the orange numerals...yet I also like what you've done to them. Nice! Also, thank you for removing the remaining black from the Lions' look.

Archived