Euro 2016 uniform match-ups

steven919

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another look:

image.jpeg

EDIT: And here's the Footy Headlines article on it: http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/06/france-debuts-new-away-kit-switzerland.html?m=1

Looks like it's just a one-off, like Spain's white kit in the 2014 World Cup was. It's a shame because I too think this one looks much better than the original.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Really makes me annoyed to see that Nike has made an amazing looking kit for England and then given that kit to France. That doesn't make me happy about the good design. It just makes me angry about Nike's arrogant change for the sake of change approach to kit design.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's another look:

image.jpeg

EDIT: And here's the Footy Headlines article on it: http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/06/france-debuts-new-away-kit-switzerland.html?m=1

Looks like it's just a one-off, like Spain's white kit in the 2014 World Cup was. It's a shame because I too think this one looks much better than the original.

Had France run Switzerland off the field I wouldn't be surprised to see those stay in the rotation. Who knows maybe Nike will make this the "third" option?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Pretty silly rule when in the case of France, the darkness (or whichever technical color term) of each sleeve was about the same. It wasn't as if one sleeve was brigh blue and the other black.

image.jpeg

EDIT- more pics of the France kit.

Are the shorts and trim color navy or black? We already know France's home kit has black on it but I don't see much difference between the black training kit and the shorts.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Germany vs. Northern Ireland. Two good looking adidas uniforms with no one-color kits. I'm pretty happy with this. Side note: What Northern Ireland is wearing would have been a good looking secondary kit for Germany. Blue is not color Germany has worn as far as I know, but it works really well with the green and Germany has been wearing green as their secondary in many tournaments.

607466503_PG_0681_A5A75853C36B5D1155039A69792F474E_3335.JPG

I would've also liked this as a Germany away kit. And no, Germany never wore blue as a uniform, but blue is our traditional training gear colour.

imago00890450h.jpg?itok=wxHsZN8mcologne-germany-09th-june-2015-germanys-

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

I would've also liked this as a Germany away kit. And no, Germany never wore blue as a uniform, but blue is our traditional training gear colour.

Pretty much anything would be better than Germany's current brownish green secondary set.

Really would have wished they stuck with this or something similar as the secondary kit. Great looking kit and of course strongly associated with that triumphant game.

-1x-1.jpg

Croatia vs. Spain. Another all blue vs. all white. I've complained about that before, but in this case both uniforms are so good looking I don't mind it at all. Red and yellow on white is a great look and it's a very nice clash against Croatia's blue. Top notch.

607133077_DM_0869_E89FFADA65CEA53B3099CD687E24DDA9_3349.JPG

1 hour ago, steven919 said:

Croatia vs. Spain. Another all blue vs. all white. I've complained about that before, but in this case both uniforms are so good looking I don't mind it at all. Red and yellow on white is a great look and it's a very nice clash against Croatia's blue. Top notch.

While I do like Croatia's blue, especially with the checkered element that carries through from their home red/white, I hate that kit for Spain, it looks like someone vomited salsa on the front of a perfectly serviceable white kit. Reminds me of some of the awful Warrior Liverpool thirds.  Also, I'm not a fan of monochrome kits for teams that have established non-monochrome home/away colors.

5 hours ago, steven919 said:

That Spanish kit is hilarious. It looks like the dude was eating a hotdog with mustard and ketchup and then dropped it on his shirt leaving stains behind.

3355125-Hot-dog-with-ketchup-and-mustard

The Catch of the Day!

7 hours ago, steven919 said:

Czechia vs. Turkey. Really like Czechia up close with the two different kinds of red. Love Turkey's kit as well, but really wish they would have brought a pair of teal or white socks.

607140917_MH_8691_4B09014D44357030BFB1BC4EDD0971C1_3356.JPG

The black socks made no sense and kinda ruined it for me. White would've looked slot better .

Archived