Euro 2016 uniform match-ups

steven919

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22.6.2016 at 0:40 PM, steven919 said:

Croatia vs. Spain. Another all blue vs. all white. I've complained about that before, but in this case both uniforms are so good looking I don't mind it at all. Red and yellow on white is a great look and it's a very nice clash against Croatia's blue. Top notch.

I noticed that too, but I would call it mint green.

btw. I'd actually like Englands kit if paired with blue socks. They'd just look like the rugby team.

35BC648B00000578-0-image-m-44_1467070164

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

IMO Italy have the best uniforms of the knockouts (tied with Croatia). The all blue look is stunning and Puma did a great job of making the clash look different yet classy. Hopefully they can beat Germany so we can see their amazing uniforms go even farther. 

I love that Iceland home kit. Beautiful. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Berlin Wall said:

After so many years, Germany finally looks right again. Amazing!

3562.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

...and Italy are dressed proper as well. Carry on!

On June 23, 2016 at 1:34 PM, radchad said:

It's probably been mentioned before, but the Belgium away kit is based on the uniforms worn by the (immensely successful) Belgian cycling team.  In that regard, I think it's a fantastic tribute that makes for a really excellent kit.

CToTRoyWIAAkQPw.jpg_large-e1447426831917

I don't typically like the addition of non-traditional team colors to a uniform, but I dig this kit.  It really looks good and you know instantly who it is.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

30 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

After so many years, Germany finally looks right again. Amazing!

3562.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Actually i need to say that i love the black socks. I hope they use that combination in the following years even though it's not traditional.

10 hours ago, rsaline said:

Shrink the numbers on the shorts and they will be golden. 

Those are standard size short numbers. They tend to match the front number more or less. Belgium on the other hand? Woof!! Not good.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Those are standard size short numbers. They tend to match the front number more or less. Belgium on the other hand? Woof!! Not good.

They still look big compared to Italy's. Honestly I don't know why you need it if the number is going to be front and center on the chest (that would apply for all international teams).

Upon seeing that Wales and Portugal were both wearing their change kits, I let out an audible, "Aw, why?!" The officials are the last people on the field who should be wearing red in this game.

25 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Upon seeing that Wales and Portugal were both wearing their change kits, I let out an audible, "Aw, why?!" The officials are the last people on the field who should be wearing red in this game.

Just saw the pictures too. I know adidas pays a lot to outfit the refs but this is ridiculous. They don't even have the adidas logos on the shirts. It's not like red doesn't stand out from lime green or shale. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

However, for this contest, the Portugese first-strip has been deemed to be too close in darkness to Wales' charcoal and lime green away kit, and is considered to be a colour-clash.

On top of that, it is understood Wales' attempts to therefore wear their favoured red home strip have been blocked, although it is not known whether this was by UEFA or Portugal.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-refused-permission-wear-red-11577617

JS92772250-1.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Fairly interesting tweet on the choice of the uniform matchup yesterday.

Portugal and Wales played in away kit so colour-blind people (red-deficient) can distinguish between them: Colour Blind Awareness demo

Compare this to POR v CRO...

May not be the explicit reason, but an interesting discussion nonetheless.

Archived