Company Rebrands: Braum's

29texan

40 minutes ago, 29texan said:

So even with the hidden smile in the cone, you still think it's too serious? 

As for the lines, I may need some help with that... I'm doing this on SketchUp and Photoshop, so is there a better way to smooth out the lines? Anyone with more experience?

I had no idea it was a smile. It honestly just looked like shading from the top scoop.

Never worked on Sketch-Up (though that may be the culprit for the jagged lines). You may want to look into converting to a vector program such as Inkscape (it's free!).

4 hours ago, 29texan said:

So even with the hidden smile in the cone, you still think it's too serious? 

As for the lines, I may need some help with that... I'm doing this on SketchUp and Photoshop, so is there a better way to smooth out the lines? Anyone with more experience?

There's a smile in there?  You hid it well.  Too well.

Yes, it's way too serious.  Looks inspired by a sports logo, which doesn't really work for an ice cream shop.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The one thing I'd fix is the shapes you've used to make the ice cream. It looks like a circle on top on a triangle. You have to merge the two a little more... and make the circle slightly bigger.

The smile is a nice touch, but I feel it does get lost. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I agree with BBTV in that I'd try to tone down some of the angles a bit. Ice cream logos tend to be round and bubbly.

I'd add a subtle waffle cone pattern.

I'd also consider changing the ice cream color. It looks like a pure white on my monitor. I'd make it more of an off-white for vanilla, pink for strawberry, or brown for chocolate. In fact, I think using those 3 colors could work as the color scheme. 

nieve-de-napolitano-compressor.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Need to connect the s.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, logoman said:

I put this together today. Just an idea.

Braums Ice Cream.png

I really like this, actually.

But the reason why I'm not going too "whimsical" is because it also has burgers and produce. That's why I got rid of the sub-title all together, just sticking with "Braum's".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I have another idea in mind that I will work on soon enough, but I've been busy with work, interviews, and running all around the Metroplex lately.

And although these are my concepts, I don't mind other posters putting in their own work. As long as everything is different.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The font doesn't scream ice cream to me. It looks like something a sporty clothing brand would use.

I'm not sure what font would work better though, just not that.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

4 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

The font doesn't scream ice cream to me. It looks like something a sporty clothing brand would use.

I'm not sure what font would work better though, just not that.

Agreed. I feel like it needs to look more cartoonish in a way. 

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Archived