MLB Series in Paint by Carolingian Steamroller (Green Rays Update)

Carolingian Steamroller

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These concepts look pretty good especially for paint!

I love the Braves alternate you came up with, I'd buy that jersey right now, the home and away look good too but I miss the current piping they use. If you don't want to go that route, I still think it would look better with placket piping added on similar to their current Sunday uniforms.

Marlins number font looks great!

Not a fan of the updated Mets alternate, just doesn't fit an MLB team IMO. I'd suggest sticking with the first one or go with something closer to the throwback racing stripe look.

One other small nitpick but I think you should add names on the back, I can understand if it is hard to arch the nameplate in paint but you could look into some other programs to do it or even use something like Microsoft word.

Keep up the good work!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Actually I did use the placket piping that they use for Sunday uniforms on the Braves. 

My bad, for some reason I didn't notice it. Looks good, I'm still a bigger fan of the three layered piping they use but for conceptional purposes I like what you did, I could see the Braves moving in that direction in the future as well. 

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Today we have the Phillies. For the logo I've turned to a cleaned up and streamlined logo that was first post and designed by Jeff Cook on Uni-Watch.com a number of years ago. It's a cleaned up logo takes what's right about the curent word mark and ditches what doesn't.

I attempted to similarly clear up the number font but it proved so irritating that in my frustration I tried out a block font just to see how it worked and it kinda does. I kept the sleeve numbers because it's a great feature for the Phillies. I also fixed the sleeve stripes on the roads so they match the pants. Yes I tried doing a powder blue but I could never get it look as good as the greys no matter how many shades  I tried. So I decided to apply the powder blue to the cream alternate. I went from triple stripes to single blue ones slightly thicker than normal along with striped stirrups, a liberty bell sleeve patch, and blue cleats. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Today we wrap up the NL East with the Washington Nationals. Everyone seems to know the biggest problem with the Nationals is that they've avoided using the gorgeous "Nationals" script they have at their disposal for their home jerseys. 

I actually like their two color placket piping. They were the first to come out with it and it creates a cool red-white-blue look. So I've extended that to their road jersey as well, where I've also ditched the white outline on the script and numbers. Subtle change to the home uniform in that I've added a different sleeve patch. Their current patch is really generic and Nationals Park is a gorgeous place to watch a game (they also serve a tasty sausage called a half-smoke) so I decided to celebrate it. I took their current stadium crest, cleaned it up, ditched most of the colors and used that as a patch. 

C&C welcomed as always. Enjoy!

Home.png

Away.png

Alternate.png

Nice tweak for the Nationals. The "Nationals" script on the home uni is a must, and that new sleeve patch is superb. 

I know you're purposely not putting player names on any of these concepts, but this set makes me realize the Nats in particular are a team who could probably pull off no names on back. 

Which division can we expect to see next? :)

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Nice tweak for the Nationals. The "Nationals" script on the home uni is a must, and that new sleeve patch is superb. 

I know you're purposely not putting player names on any of these concepts, but this set makes me realize the Nats in particular are a team who could probably pull off no names on back. 

Which division can we expect to see next? :)

NL Central will be coming down the pipe next. It's..... got some doozeys in it. I've got some radical ideas. 

2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

NL Central will be coming down the pipe next. It's..... got some doozeys in it. I've got some radical ideas. 

I really enjoyed your Chicago flag motif Cubs concepts, so I hope you reused some of those ideas! 

Archived