MLS x Umbro (Inter Miami added 24/24)

Victormrey

Let's finish the one-time winner designs with the current champions: Portland Timbers.

The home kit uses the club's traditional colours: green, yellow and white, featuring a subtle pattern which tries to resemble a woodcutter shirt (but in a more simple way). The pattern is on the socks as well.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Portalnd Timbers Home Kit 2.png

The away kit uses red and black, inspired by Portland's nickname Rose City. The design features black sleeves and shorts, and a design inspired by the club's crest on the front of the shirt and socks.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Portalnd Timbers Away Kit 2.png

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/6/2016 at 7:49 PM, Aggie12 said:

I would say give the home kit white shorts. thats the traditional look for the timbers. otherwise good kits

Thank you. About The Timbers, I firstly tried using white shorts, but given the shirt almost doesn't have white, it didn't look good, that's why I went for all-green.

Next team is New England Revolution. For the Revs I did a whole re-brand. I think NE Revolution have the worst identity of the whole MLS, that's why I decided to change the crest and the kits style.

For the crest I used a circle shape as base, keeping the navy, red and white as colours. The six stars stand for the six New England states. The shape of the inside is inspired by the American Revolutionary Soldiers' uniform. The design also features the Pine Tree taken from the NE flag and the year when the club was founded.

New England Revolution Logo Paint.png

The home kit keeps the club traditional style, featuring the subtle pattern taken from the new crest.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NE Revolution Home Kit.png

For the away kit I made a twist. I took the club's traditional colours and made a striped kit inspired by the American flag.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NE Revolution Away Kit.png

C&C specially appreciated for this entry and the re-brand I did.

Your new Relvolution logo is awesome! 

The home kit is pretty good, very modern and sharp,. The away is bothering me though, maybe the stripes are too thin, it gives to the kit a retro look which looks contrasting with the home. But that's just my opinion...

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

As I've already said I think the thicker stripes work better with a modern looking team like Revolution. I really like the execution of my idea, it is exactly as it was in my mind! But the new last one is also a pretty neat idea.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

17 hours ago, Pulv! said:

As I've already said I think the thicker stripes work better with a modern looking team like Revolution. I really like the execution of my idea, it is exactly as it was in my mind! But the new last one is also a pretty neat idea.

Glad you like it!

17 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

I like the thinner stripes mainly for the fact that there are exactly 13 stripes across the front

Exactly! The design with bigger stripes looks more modern, and fits the re-brand. But given I wanted to recreate the American flag as such, that's why I used so many stripes.

Now I can't really decide which design is better.

The 13 stripes idea is cool, I didn't get it at first but is a clever touch. I'd go with the last one ^_^

2 hours ago, New York's Greatest said:

Really like how RSL, Portland and Even The Revs (I don't like the Revs personally) I would've made the away uniforms in the x style like the crest but that's me. Can't wait for NYCFC

Thanks!

I wanted to ask you, something (kinda) inspired by the Yanks for NYCFC would be nice?

24 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks!

I wanted to ask you, something (kinda) inspired by the Yanks for NYCFC would be nice?

As an NYCFC fan, I think that you should still go with the blue they already have. Light blue is a beautiful color for uniforms (unless it's in the Premier League, of course).

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

24 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks!

Man City Sky blue is a must for the home. The away I'd make pinstripe with with hints of orange and blue to replicate the New York City flag, or I'd make it pinstriped with the seal of New York City made in the background (the seal is on the flag) Also I feel that it is a must for the MLS patch to be Blue white and orange (More NYC Flag references)

43 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The new looks are all very simple and look great.

I really like the simple logo you made for the Revolution though. It needs a bit of a clean up, but it's a really sharp idea for the team.

Thank you!

Archived