Rio 2016 Olympics

JosiahWVU

1 hour ago, juggoo said:

What do you guys think of Brazil's lime uniforms? I love both fluorescents they use, one of the few countries that can pull of such color-vibe sets!!

13743540_526593860878731_1654289892_n.jp

I'm a fan personally. I really liked the uniform their women's team wore last night too. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, juggoo said:

What do you guys think of Brazil's lime uniforms? I love both fluorescents they use, one of the few countries that can pull of such color-vibe sets!!

13743540_526593860878731_1654289892_n.jp

Basketball players allowed to be issued numbers outside of 4-15 now?.. How long as this been allowed?

6uXNWAo.png

On 7/29/2016 at 7:05 PM, totc said:

So, the women's soccer team is wearing an all-white strip with a plain USA crest at the Olympics. Anyone have an idea about the second jersey?

us-womens-soccer-olympics-nike-2.jpg?w=1

these look better than their world cup unis. Good ole Red, white and Blue. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 7/29/2016 at 7:21 PM, upperV03 said:

Same as the current secondary kit except with the USA on the chest instead of the federation badge.

Ugh. Why does the USA get stuck with a generic wordmark when both France and Germany get cool, non-football federation designs? Couldn't Nike come up with something that suggests "USA" besides the actually letters--e.g., an American-style eagle, a Union shield, or even a hamburger?

2157889318001_5073960571001_507391646200

serge-gnabry.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Ugh. Why does the USA get stuck with a generic wordmark when both France and Germany get cool, non-football federation designs? Couldn't Nike come up with something that suggests "USA" besides the actually letters--e.g., an American-style eagle, a Union shield, or even a hamburger?

2157889318001_5073960571001_507391646200

serge-gnabry.jpg

Because, at least in the case of France, it isn't a soccer thing, but a ringless version of their Olympic committee logo. CNOSF-French-Olympic-Committee-logo-2015

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 8/3/2016 at 1:49 PM, Captain Poncho said:

Correct. But there are ways around that little irritating rule.

WaterShield2016date.png

Whoa that is a great logo compare to current USA Swimming logo. Seriously this one rocks and that "old" is bit boring..... 

KTnokgkAc.jpeg

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

22 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the photo was taken just before they did some of their exhibition matches, which could account for them wearing non-standard Olympic numbers.

Nah, these digits are being worn in-game at Rio.

132Rio%20Olympics%20Basketball%20Men.JPE

619Rio%20Olympics%20Basketball%20Men.JPE

6uXNWAo.png

On 8.08.2016 at 0:16 AM, Cujo said:

Basketball players allowed to be issued numbers outside of 4-15 now?.. How long as this been allowed?

Since 10.2014 this "4-15" rule was abolished. :) I wrote about this in "NBA Changes 2016-17 season" topic. Now players are allowed to use numbers from 1-99 along with 0 and 00 (like in NBA).

4r2eer.png

On the yellow based basketball uniforms for both the Australian Boomers and Opals, the 3rd green for the numbers and names has possibly given me cancer.

I really like the overall design with the word attached to the yoke and the lighter green highlight on the collar and shorts, but it's pretty clear Adidas have just provided unnamed/numbered kits to the countries and let them go, and the countries have then gotten a blind person to apply the names and numbers.

The green used for the printing is clearly a different shade from either of the existing greens used, but we've at least been consistent in placing the names below the yoke. On the French women's jerseys from the game against the Opals, the names are all over the place, with smaller names being higher and fully inside the yoke and longer names being moved down so they fit, some crossing over to the main body colour.

It's a dog's breakfast and it's punching me right in my sports uniform nerd testes.

I'd consider buying a singlet/jersey in that Adidas Australian team style to run in if they sold them anywhere. What's the point of sponsoring if you don't actually sell the merch?

I love the tealish green the Aussie's use in basketball. But the fact that they also use green for the numbers makes me want them to choose either teal or plain green. 

As is, the uniforms is nice, but looking at the teal yoke then looking a little further down and seeing a green number is a little jarring. 

On 19/6/2016 at 8:28 AM, BlazerBlaze said:

That's an actual press release from Team USA? Seems like an odd place to make a SJW stance on them wearing skirts.

Love the logo though. I want something with that on it.

Yeah, what exactly is the article about,  they got a problem with skirts now or what ? I can´t figure out what the writer is saying !

Archived