Springfield Thunderbirds Concept

watkinswarrior2

Springfield Thunderbirds

The Florida Panthers new AHL farm club has been announced as the Springfield Thunderbirds. And keeping with the style of farm clubs taking the template of the parent club, I have based the Thunderbirds Uniforms on the new unveiled Florida Panthers Uniforms.

White-Home

Red-Away

Yellow/Blue-Alt.

Untitled.png

1380782017.gif

610653032017.gif

Springfield Thunderbirds

The Florida Panthers new AHL farm club has been announced as the Springfield Thunderbirds. And keeping with the style of farm clubs taking the template of the parent club, I have based the Thunderbirds Uniforms on the new unveiled Florida Panthers Uniforms.

White-Home

Red-Away

Yellow/Blue-Alt.

Untitled.png

I like the jerseys, and the execution isn't bad. My problem is that I feel like bothe the Panthers and the T-Birds have overly complicated logos for placing on a center stripe. The reason it works so well for the Habs it that they have a simple logo with no wordmarks. When you throw a logo with a lot of elements and lines moving counter to the striping, I feel like they work against each other, especially when the counter element is a wordmark placed directly over a smaller stripe.

I feel like the logo would work best over a solid color field, with the striping dropped down to the hem.

Again, it's mostly personal preference, and this is still fairly well executed, though I'll be shocked it their jerseys don't try to squeeze in all three colors.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

8 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Exactly. I also think that the white and red jerseys should have a little electric blue in them too.

Update:

Home-Blue (Added Red)

Away-White (Added Red)

Red-Alt (Added Blue)

Yellow-Alt (Added Red Jersey Ties) When I added Red they looked McDonald's Sponsored Jerseys 

Untitled.png

Archived