EURO 2016 Uniforms (Turkey 6-21)

Moom

hey guys! I wanted to make a separate thread for my kits for EURO2016. I appreciate all the feedback thus far in the other thread i've done, the J-League one. I hope you guys dont mind me starting another.

I've been doing a few euro 2016 kits for various teams in no particular order or format, but I think you might like them anyway! I've posted them on my Twitter @moomdesigns but really want to put them here to get your opinions!

FRANCE HOME 

2018_france_home_shirt.png

NORTHERN IRELAND ALTERNATE 

2018_Northern_Ireland_Kit_Umbro.png

ENGLAND + WALES pick 'em

2018_ENGLAND_KIT_WALES_KIT.png

RUSSIA

(okay so its the USSR, no disrespect, but I really wanted to make a full kit of this shirt which I did a while ago.)

USSR_Russia_Away_Shirt_Astro.jpg

USSR_Russia_Change_Shirt_Astro.jpg

10 hours ago, lopernv said:

Not sure about the article on France's collar (might be too avant-garde for me) but other than that, these are all really great.

If it were screened onto the collar it might work. I'd think it fits Italy better though. I love that Northern Ireland kit. The shorts reminded me of the older Umbro shorts that Manchester United had in the mid 90's. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

The files aren't loading for me. Which is a shame, because "MOOM" and "Euro 2016" is something I've been hoping for.

try it now! not sure why they went down. they are very big files though tbh

19 hours ago, lopernv said:

Not sure about the article on France's collar (might be too avant-garde for me) but other than that, these are all really great.

Hey! Yes, trying to push the boundaries a bit, no worries! 

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If it were screened onto the collar it might work. I'd think it fits Italy better though. I love that Northern Ireland kit. The shorts reminded me of the older Umbro shorts that Manchester United had in the mid 90's. 

hey thanks! The idea is that the article is the same type of fabric as the collar, but magnetized to the shirts (on the replicas). One magnet in the piece, another small one embedded seamlessly in the collar. One of those small thin ones that you wouldn't be able to feel. Long story short, its removable. 

Also, thats what the shorts are inspired by! All the 90's Umbro kits are a big inspiration to me. Dont want to sound dramatic but I think they're the last great run of shirts, until football shirts started to lose personality.

The presentation here is outstanding man. And those kits are definitely pieces of art. No realistic football kits, but art. The Norn Ireland kit is my fav. I want to see that on a field.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Moom you are my favorite soccer designer on sportslogos

Wow thank you! 

5 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

The presentation here is outstanding man. And those kits are definitely pieces of art. No realistic football kits, but art. The Norn Ireland kit is my fav. I want to see that on a field.

Thank you, that means a lot! I try to look at making kits that way, if I can say so, as a canvas for art. I think there's a ton of restrictions in the world of kits, and I think more people should try changing things around to suit their vision rather than using rules as a guide to hold their ideas back. Like changing crests, sponsors, color shades. 

The asymmetrical Turkey design is fascinating! I think I love it- it's so wild but not aggressive or turned up to 11 like so many out of the ordinary shirts. I do wonder if the chest number should be moved (or perhaps a typeface that is heavier on the left than on the right, although who knows how that'd look), it sort of messes with the asymmetry, since it's solid and also larger than the Astro logo.

I'm a France supporter, and I love that kit, crazy collar and all (although I'm not sure I'd wear the replica very often...). I feel like for Tricolore reasons, the socks should probably be solid red, though- although I think you could also achieve the tricolore effect but putting a red piping on the bottom of the shorts?

Great work all around!!!

England in white-blue-white with red numbers will always be a winner in my books. Using navy instead of royal would have been more to my liking but I can't argue really.

Put me down also for loving that N. Ireland kit. I look forward to seeing more.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived