Berlin Wall

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, here's number...

13/20

2803440.jpg

Southampton FC

If I had to choose one of the red and white striped teams from England to play in the PL, I would take Southampton. I don't exactly know why, I guess they just left a lasting impression after the last few seasons. Logo, Sponsor and supplier are still the same here. For me the right look for them would be wide stripes and white socks. The away kit is purple because I think purple is underused in general. 

1yvccm.jpg

5kr1ow.jpg

fnzprn.jpg

vg69zd.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the home and third kits. The piping on both and the crest being in the middle make them feel like they're from the early 2000s. I really like the change kit, however.

spacer.png

I predict that the early 2000s will be the thing in 2024. Who knows? :P

14/20

2zf8xn4.jpg

Blackburn Rovers

The Rovers are stuck way too long in the Championship. They would be a definite part of my perfect PL. Their logo on the other hand is horrible. I looked up some redesign concepts for them and created a new logo from the favourite elements I found. I'm not 100% convinced by it, but I think it works quite well. The uniforms are Umbro style simple. I decided to use some navy on the home uniform rather than red.

6ie1b9.jpg

smyo3k.jpg

214777b.jpg

15ydc0z.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I finally found some open space in the map.

15/20

nlo9di.jpg

Newcastle United

I don't like the Magpies at all, but they still have to be part of the Premier League. Their logo is untouchable in my opinion and I'd love Newcastle to use some of the sky blue on their kits. So I put a few touches of it on the home kit. The away and third kits are like modern reinterpretations of some early kits from NUFC.

2i7mx5y.jpg

2cnf2wn.jpg

j5h5pz.jpg

nmz479.jpg

I gotta say that I like the kid for most teams but unfortunately I have a big problem with the selection of teams

7 teams that are currently not in then the prem, I mean some aren't even in the championship, I know it's a concept but it could be more realistic, even being 5-10 years in the future the teams in the league won't change that much, especially with the new money coming in all 20 teams that are in the upcoming season are way more likely to be the teams that stay, you will probably see the teams that get relegated make a jump straight back up the next year. I'm sorry I know it's a concept but the teams elected should be realistic

56 minutes ago, Aggie12 said:

I gotta say that I like the kid for most teams but unfortunately I have a big problem with the selection of teams

7 teams that are currently not in then the prem, I mean some aren't even in the championship, I know it's a concept but it could be more realistic, even being 5-10 years in the future the teams in the league won't change that much, especially with the new money coming in all 20 teams that are in the upcoming season are way more likely to be the teams that stay, you will probably see the teams that get relegated make a jump straight back up the next year. I'm sorry I know it's a concept but the teams elected should be realistic

But is it not realistic? I put 9 teams in the league that aren't currently part of the PL. If we say my project takes place in 2024 and we go back the same amount of time, we're in 2008. In the 2007/08 season, there were also 9 teams that aren't currently playing in the PL.

And I don't count the money argument. The PL teams get an amazingly high amount of broadcasting money for years now and teams like Middlesbrough, Bolton and Blackburn were stuck in the Championship for years. My thought is that with all the money around (even in the Championship) some really random things could happen in the English soccer league structure.

And ok maybe the numbers might change that much, I guess I have more of a problem with some of the teams that are in. The fact that Blackburn and Bolton and wolves in there just isn't realistic if you actually thought about how those clubs are doing.

btw. my whole projects aren't really about realism, but more about a mix between teams I want to see in the league, teams that have an historical background in the league and teams I just want to design some uniforms / logo. But I really care about making it as realistic as I can. So there won't be Wimbledon in.

On 22.7.2016 at 5:01 PM, Berlin Wall said:

I finally found some open space in the map.

15/20

nlo9di.jpg

Newcastle United

I don't like the Magpies at all, but they still have to be part of the Premier League. Their logo is untouchable in my opinion and I'd love Newcastle to use some of the sky blue on their kits. So I put a few touches of it on the home kit. The away and third kits are like modern reinterpretations of some early kits from NUFC.

2i7mx5y.jpg

2cnf2wn.jpg

j5h5pz.jpg

nmz479.jpg

As a Newcastle supporter I was waiting for this one. I like the striping. The away kit reminds me off the 96 away strip which I loved. It's just a tad too much Scunthorpe. A darker shade of blue might help it. The 3rd is great. I'd love to have this one. One thing I hate about your designs here is the Sports Direct sponsor patch. Sports Direct already lives rent free around our ground. I don't to see that extended anyhow. 

On 22.7.2016 at 7:25 PM, Aggie12 said:

And ok maybe the numbers might change that much, I guess I have more of a problem with some of the teams that are in. The fact that Blackburn and Bolton and wolves in there just isn't realistic if you actually thought about how those clubs are doing.

Oh come on, give him a break. There's always going to be that amount of changes over 10 years like. As for Wolves - with their new new owner and a big ground I expect them to make it back to the PL within 2-3 years

Glad to hear that from a Magpies supporter. I actually designed the kits with Wonga as the sponsor (fitted perfect on the home kit). Then I read that they won't be Newcastle's sponsor anymore. So I went to Newcastles homepage and took the first company on their sponsor's list which was Sports Direct.

19 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Glad to hear that from a Magpies supporter. I actually designed the kits with Wonga as the sponsor (fitted perfect on the home kit). Then I read that they won't be Newcastle's sponsor anymore. So I went to Newcastles homepage and took the first company on their sponsor's list which was Sports Direct.

Yeah exactly. Wonga deal will end soon. And I don't blame you as an outsider. The thing with SportsDirect is that it's owned by Mike Ashley, who is also the owner of Newcastle United. He puts up all the SD.com ads around St. James Park without any payments to the clubs accounts for that. He also tried to rename the stadium to SportsDirect Arena. So that company is really hated by all of our supporters. But as long as Ashley is our owner a shirt sponsorship deal is not really unlikely

16/20

6f5stl.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur

I had a hard time with Tottenham. My first attempts were very simple and I wasn't happy with it so I added a few little gimicks to every kit and these are the results. I'm actually satisfied by them.

24mbxbn.jpg

b67rlu.jpg

34jbuya.jpg

2lsw4sw.jpg

Tottenham looks great! I loved the light blue and and navy from 13-14, and I think this is a great utilization of the color scheme. The only thing I don't like on the home kit is navy socks, I much prefer white. I really like the change kit's abstract badge pattern, and yellow is always a good color for Spurs. Very nice job on these. 

spacer.png

Archived