Future Premier League Project - 20/20 - Aston Villa

Berlin Wall

On 6/22/2016 at 2:46 PM, Berlin Wall said:

Thanks. Here's the first team that doesn't play in the PL right now.

4/20

nmb02w.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday

They are one of two clubs from my project, that I never actually experienced playing in the Premier League, but still would be part of it if I could choose. Why? Because I'm aware of their huge tradition, their stadium and their fan-culture. And I always liked their identity as kind of a blue version of all these clubs like Sunderland, Southampton, Sheffield United and so on.

I'm really happy they changed to their old logo now, as their former logo looked very 'dated'. I just updated the colours a bit to make it look fresh and modern. I went with Admiral as their kit supplier, because I really want Admiral to make a step back into higher levels of soccer. I thought Wednesday would be a perfect club for it.

j6l9qv.jpg

23ijiph.jpg

jto50g.jpg

2m44rit.jpg

Great looking kit I love this, but I hope you realise that in no way would Wednesday have a red rose on their logo, the white rose that is currently on the crest is the county symbol of Yorkshire (red being the symbol of Lancashire, see war of the roses).

Overall great concept and I'm glad people in other countries see my club as one that belongs in the top flight.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17/20

105wtp5.jpg

Everton FC

One forum member was wondering weather I'll throw Everton in or not, because there was no space on the map anymore. Of course they're in. I mean how many years did they not play in the top flight over the last 130 years? Like five or so?

Nonetheless, while I made the other Umbro teams super classic I wanted to try something more out there for Everton. The home kit might be my personal favorite from this entire project. I know that many will not like it because of the bfbs, and I actually first had this kit blue and white only. Then I tried out to make the shoulder stripe and collar black and it looked super cool. So I chose this path.

xqchmu.jpg

1sguvt.jpg

wlajwn.jpg

2ebx181.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

What a pleasant surprise about Everton :) that home kit is brilliant and love how you can interchange it with the away. I also like how you went for a radical untraditional design for the third but I do agree with Aggie, the Chang logo should be centred and numbers/ sponsor colour in white. Judging by the map, I predict the three remaining teams could be a selection of: Leeds, Forest, Sunderland, Swansea, or perhaps a Bristol team (City)

P.S. Really liking the tower motif on the socks, but id place them on the front where the intro logo currently is

Glad to hear, that people like my Everton concept as much as I do.

18/20

rwkrk1.jpg

Manchester United

ManUtd is the next club. They'll most likely still be the biggest club (or the most prestigious one at least) in the league in 2024. I always like to design kits for them. I prefer when they only use red and black on the shirt because it actually looks 'devlish'. Nonetheless did I put some slight touches of white into it. So the home and away kits are pretty traditional for ManUtd. For the third kit I used the colours of their precursor club Newton Heath.

28hgcah.jpg

4ray38.jpg

2nuog2s.jpg

65a910.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

So, of course team 19 is Leeds, otherwise the last team wouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Btw. the map is totally packed now. So don't see it as an actual map but as an overview of the clubs of my project. :P

19/20

2gvomxl.jpg

Leeds United

As Leeds is my favourite club from England, it was certain that I put them into my project. I really thought about updating their logo and even developed some ideas, but then I came to the conclusion that I don't want Leeds to change their logo at all. I mean a more traditional logo would look nice, but I don't want to see another blue and white roundel in the league besides Chelsea, Blackburn and Leicester. I also recognized that I actually like Leeds' current logo and I kinda grew up with it. The only bad thing is the stupid 3D effect on the logo officially used by the club which makes it look ugly as hell.

For the uniforms I could see Leeds getting NB as their supplier for a PL comeback. The uniforms are something I would buy as a Leeds fan and a mix between classic and modern.

23v0xua.jpg

24ce2hu.jpg

9hp3if.jpg

anfx9v.jpg

4 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

So, of course team 19 is Leeds, otherwise the last team wouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Btw. the map is totally packed now. So don't see it as an actual map but as an overview of the clubs of my project. :P

19/20

2gvomxl.jpg

Leeds United

As Leeds is my favourite club from England, it was certain that I put them into my project. I really thought about updating their logo and even developed some ideas, but then I came to the conclusion that I don't want Leeds to change their logo at all. I mean a more traditional logo would look nice, but I don't want to see another blue and white roundel in the league besides Chelsea, Blackburn and Leicester. I also recognized that I actually like Leeds' current logo and I kinda grew up with it. The only bad thing is the stupid 3D effect on the logo officially used by the club which makes it look ugly as hell.

For the uniforms I could see Leeds getting NB as their supplier for a PL comeback. The uniforms are something I would buy as a Leeds fan and a mix between classic and modern.

23v0xua.jpg

24ce2hu.jpg

9hp3if.jpg

anfx9v.jpg

This guy approves your decision, and they look good

image.jpeg

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

Last one!

20/20

wa0ljs.jpg

Aston Villa FC

So, Aston Villa is the last one of my future Premier League. I chose Coq Sportif as their supplier because it would be nice to have them back in the EPL. The kits are classic Aston Villa. For me they should have raglan sleeves, sky blue socks and a more purplish claret do differentiate from West Ham.

2i07z0y.jpg

2iuru3o.jpg

ofswx.jpg

v80n40.jpg

So, I actually have another soccer project right in the pipeline. I may start it within the next few days.

And I put together all home kits from my PL project to give an overview about the league at the end. I hope you enjoyed it!

o5sydy.jpg

This really was a lovely series, man, so job well done with the whole of it. Love that no shirt/shorts/sock combo is the same between two clubs with home kits. It’s a wise design move to give yourself good flexibility, so props on that.

As the resident “Villa concept critique person,” I gotta say, you’ve done great work here. I’ve certainly become a little fonder of raglan sleeves in the last few years without them — set-in is still my preference, but raglan may well look better if done right (which it is here) — and the away and third kits are pretty class, too. My preference is for hooped socks with the home kit, though that’s a recent phenomenon. But where solid colors are concerned, blue is the right call. And love LCS coming back into English football, and love it happening with Villa. A class manufacturer with an old-time club.

Outside of that, the Leeds concept was just gorgeous all around. And circling back to it, I like that Southampton design a lot, though I think I’d like it more with Stoke or Sunderland still in the top flight — I prefer a more traditional look in a vacuum, but I think the design works better to provide differentiation from one of those clubs, like you’ve done with Villa in raglan sleeves or Leicester in white shorts / Everton in white socks, etc.

6fQjS3M.png

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2016 at 8:56 AM, Berlin Wall said:

ofswx.jpg

Yes, please! Love this third for Villa. The sleeves are bit fussy for me. But the sublimated lion more than makes up for it. I do think the badge will be completely redesigned in the next year or so as Dr. X is looking like he wants to wipe away everything related to the disastrous Lerner ownership era. Up the Villa ...the original claret & blue club! 

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

Archived