Professional Dodgeball Coalition 2.0

Windell918

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.Going forward the teams will be released with with their alternate sleeved jersey (you're welcome) and a retro "faux back" This look could be from any era and ill try to explain my thought process on each. This league being new, there isn't really a historical set of jerseys. So its just for fun. The Tampa Rays have done this and I think its a great Idea. The Faux back will also feature a new logo (in most cases). I started at the end of my list and worked backwards (with a few exceptions where I did and earlier one as I thought it up. So you'll get the rest with their set and Ill release the others as I get them done as a bonus.  Up first todays team the Atlanta Alicorns:

Alicorns-Alt.jpg

On this Fauxback I decided to go with something I thought they would used in the nineties. The reason behind this is the olympics were hosted in Atlanta in 96. I imagine they added gold to their color scheme during this period to promote that. This may have also been when they first adopted the stripes they use today. 

2. This:

1 hour ago, willmoen said:

Soooo it must be the all-star week logos then

Yes thats it. And those will be some time today. I  promised 57 teams in 57 days so I don't want to delay tomorrow teams for bonuses. Just spacing it out for separate feedback.

3. I have an idea for something that will tie all of this together at the end. Just a teaser at this point. Stay tuned.

4. Just a reminder the first simulated games start Aug 27. Were almost there. Theres about a 12 day gap between the last team and the first game. Thats when I plan to release any alternate sets that I haven't already.

Cheers guys!

Well guess theres no feedback here yet so ALL-STAR time:

ALLSTAR-LOGO.jpg

Like most allstar logos this game pulls colors and elements from the host team. In case I never mentioned this. the game will be intramural having both PDC and LPDC members of each team. ALLSTAR-JERSEY.jpg

The jerseys come right from the Atlanta set with color ways to match the conference. 

ALLSTAR-GEAR.jpg

The gear will be used for both teams.

ALLSTAR-COURT.jpg

The Phillips Arena will be modified for the All-Star Game presented by UPS as well.

ALLSTAR-EVENTS.jpg

These are the event scheduled for the the week. 

•The Allstar game presented by UPS featuring the 25 best players, male and female from each conference. The starters will be selected by the fans on Twitter, the remaining slots will be given the the highest vote getters from each team. 

•The Phillips New Stars game will be for 1st and 2nd year players in the PDRL. It will use a freshman versus sophomore format.

•The Eliminator Challenge presented by KIA will be a sharp shooting competition as dead eye hurlers attempt to knock eliminator balls from various podiums in a random order. The most eliminators hit in 3 minutes the more points scored. This will be in a tournament format with 12 competitors  chosen from the All Star and New Star teams. The first round will be divided into 4 - 3 person pools. The semifinals and finals will be head to head.

•Lastly the Coca-Cola Allstar Celebrity Game will be a celebrity pick up game with the coach/captains being the top voted all star as voted by the allstar players themselves.  This game will be hosted by a local celebrity each year and this year it will be Tyler Perry.

Up Next: By-You-Al-E-Gate-Oars

Creative Constructive Critiques Always Enjoyed.

41 minutes ago, Windell918 said:

Well guess theres no feedback here yet so ALL-STAR time:

ALLSTAR-LOGO.jpg

Like most allstar logos this game pulls colors and elements from the host team. In case I never mentioned this. the game will be intramural having both PDC and LPDC members of each team. ALLSTAR-JERSEY.jpg

The jerseys come right from the Atlanta set with color ways to match the conference. 

ALLSTAR-GEAR.jpg

The gear will be used for both teams.

ALLSTAR-COURT.jpg

The Phillips Arena will be modified for the All-Star Game presented by UPS as well.

ALLSTAR-EVENTS.jpg

These are the event scheduled for the the week. 

•The Allstar game presented by UPS featuring the 25 best players, male and female from each conference. The starters will be selected by the fans on Twitter, the remaining slots will be given the the highest vote getters from each team. 

•The Phillips New Stars game will be for 1st and 2nd year players in the PDRL. It will use a freshman versus sophomore format.

•The Eliminator Challenge presented by KIA will be a sharp shooting competition as dead eye hurlers attempt to knock eliminator balls from various podiums in a random order. The most eliminators hit in 3 minutes the more points scored. This will be in a tournament format with 12 competitors  chosen from the All Star and New Star teams. The first round will be divided into 4 - 3 person pools. The semifinals and finals will be head to head.

•Lastly the Coca-Cola Allstar Celebrity Game will be a celebrity pick up game with the coach/captains being the top voted all star as voted by the allstar players themselves.  This game will be hosted by a local celebrity each year and this year it will be Tyler Perry.

Up Next: By-You-Al-E-Gate-Oars

This is downright amazing. I love every single thing about it. Wouldn't change a thing. I'm guessing the Krocs are making a move from Jamaica to Louisiana next?

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

17 minutes ago, Windell918 said:

Up next: getting a new city, a new name, and a new colorway. The New Orleans Gators.

Gators-Logo.jpg

Gators-Jersey.jpgGators-Alt.jpg

Gators-Gear.jpgGators-Court.jpg

Up next Roll Dogs

Nice job on the Gators.  The only issue I have with it is the sponsor placement on the sleeved alt.  I don't know why, but to me it doesn't seem right.  Other than that, it is an amazing set.  I'm guessing Alabama next?

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

17 minutes ago, willmoen said:

Nice job on the Gators.  The only issue I have with it is the sponsor placement on the sleeved alt.  I don't know why, but to me it doesn't seem right.  Other than that, it is an amazing set.  I'm guessing Alabama next?

Can you explain?

8 minutes ago, Windell918 said:

Can you explain?

It seems like a more unnatural position for a sponsorship.  In my opinion, it seems better below the number like on the home and clash.  I'm just throwing my opinion in there.  It's your call on where the sponsorships go in the end.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

17 minutes ago, Windell918 said:

Evening Bonus Alternate: the LA REIGN (will be posting original jerseys also for comparison)

Reign-Alt.jpgReign-Jersey.jpg

The Alt and Fauxback look great. But you put the PDRL logos on them instead of the PDC logo.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

31 minutes ago, Windell918 said:

Up next The Alabama Trackers

Trackers-Logo.jpgTrackers-Jersey.jpgTrackers-Alt.jpgTrackers-Gear.jpgTrackers-Court.jpg

Next: Wood a rose make a sound if no one was around?

Love the clean and simple look. Can't wait to see the next team which I'm guessing is Portland.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

16 minutes ago, Windell918 said:

Little Early but I have plans tonight so here the Alt set of the day

Went with a 70's style look for the Prowlers

Prowlers-Alt.jpgProwlers-Jerseys.jpg

Creative Constructive Critiques Always Enjoyed

13 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I'm a HUGE fan of that faux back for the Prowlers.

Same here. Love the font and how the numbers pop out, really gives it that 70's feel.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

Archived